Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 15th, 2022 5:59 PM

Wrong local channels

I receive the correct local channels when using the streaming box but when I use a fire stick or my phone, the local channels are still from my previous city that I lived in.  How do I correct that to get my current local channels.

Accepted Solution

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.3K Messages

4 months ago

It sounds like you need to change the billing zip code or credit card billing zip code to reflect your new location. 

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks -- moved more than 2 years ago and surprised that did not create any errors during that period.  Made the change -- how long does it take to go into effect?

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.3K Messages

4 months ago

@SandersinIN 

It should be automatic. Otherwise, just restart your streaming devices and reinstall the DIRECTV STREAM app.

seoblander

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

3 months ago

I have the same issue. Directv streaming box has correct locals. Roku and Firetv show locals of my main house. This is a second home. Separate directv account from the main home. Account zip is correct. Billing is to a credit card with zip of main house. Is that the problem?  Can’t change the billing address of the credit card. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.8K Messages

3 months ago

The billing information must match what is defined by your CC company. You just can't change the zip code.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.