Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

mrdad0330's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Sun, May 13, 2007 2:48 PM

99 and 103

Tex and Duke.
Thanks so much for your help. I took your advice Duke and found that I am receiving signals from 37.39,41,45 on the 99 net 11. I guess that is where my locals are. I also found that I am getting good signals from the 110, all three transponders.
Picking up the 99 sat made my day. As I have mentioned, I have a very narrow slot between my trees. They are mature and will not really grow more. This all tells me I am good to go from 99 thru 110 with no problem. I do not plan to cut down my mature White Oak especially now knowing DTV will be moving away from the 119 in a year or so. But, with that said, I lose 73 (ESPN2HD), 76 (DisHD) and 79 (HDNET) DiscHD was my favorite so that hurts!
What I was thinking was to do a temporary set up with a 5LND dish for the time being and run one line into my H20. I plan to hold off buying my dream machine (sony 46"XBR) until this fall for my family room where I have Home Theator and a new HD ready AV receiver to "wow" every one.
I plan to purchase a tripod that I could play with in different spots around my yard. Would you recommend the DTV slim line dish OR the larger dish the installer setup last November? I am assuming the "slim line" also requires 2" OD pipe.
I hate to purchase a new dish because I think when I order my DTV HD dvr I would get one along with the price but I hate not having those 3 channels.
All your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tex, 3 of my sons played soccer thru high school and my one boy is now reffereeing through college level and just got his first pro level, not MLS but below that.
One last thing. Did DTV ever get its problems resolved with the sat it launched last fall. A sales guy from Circuit City told me the delay in getting HD locals to the Harrisburg market was because they could only turn on some of the transponders. I am not sure how accurate his info is though.
Thanks again.
Frank Brown (mrdad0330)
fbrownj@yahoo.com
No Responses!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.