Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

julie524's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 30th, 2022 4:26 AM

Ad displays even when tv is unpaused

Lately when I pause a show for too long and it's on an ad (just a graphic not a video), when I go to unpause the show, the ad stays on but the show plays. Tonight it did this and then I changed the channel and the ad was still there, but I could hear the show and see the captioning. I shut off the tv, waited about 30 seconds then turned it back on and the ad was still there. About 2 minutes later the ad finally went away. This doesn't happen every time I pause the tv, it seems to depend on how long it's paused. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

2 months ago

What DVR model number?

Have you tried resetting the DVR?

I don't think this has anything to do with your TV. Unless it's your TV that's actually delivering the ads and not your DirecTV DVR. Perhaps a TV screen saver feature?

CobbTotem3

• 

114 Messages

2 months ago

Happens to me sometimes. I just unpause it after a few seconds the ad goes away and picture comes back

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have the same problem; pause isn't very helpful when the ad takes over the screen.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Same problem here, pause isn't very useful when ad takes over after 30 seconds.

teetertotter

ACE - Teacher

• 

505 Messages

2 months ago

Consider it a quirk, as does disappear.  As mentioned by @litzdog911 , try a reset.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.