Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

sannes's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Jul 8, 2015 2:25 AM

Anyone having judder issues with Starz?

Recently several Starz channels have had a very jerky, juddery, picture.  I have reset receiver but does not help.  Occasionally syfy experiences the same issues.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi I am having trouble on 525 and 528 the picture gets jerky,the problem comes and goes. I notice on 515 and 278 it sometimes happens also. When I called Directv they said no problems reported. Not sure whats going on.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Same answer I got.  It only happens on 1 channel at a time.  It seems works with movies from mid 2000'September and older

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hey i am having the same problems with those channels.I put in a new lnb,i had my dish alignment.I put in new wiring and it still not right on just those channels mainly 245 515 525 528 the problem comes and goes and rotates from 1 channel at a time.Have you figured out what the problem is.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

No luck yet.  I had new lnb and svm installed and still happens.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Only thing left is a receiver.  What type of receiver do you have?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hey I am starting to think this is a directv problem I have a h21 and h24 receivers. It does it on both I.I don't have any multi switch the wire goes right from the receiver to the dish. I did notice some signals on the 99s transponders 17 and 18 are only around 80 and on 103s transponders 21 and 22 are about 80 also. All my other signals are 95 plus. I thought it could be the broadband converter but you has a swim put it so you would not be using them anymore but you still have the problem also. If you think of anything that fixes the problem let me know.

shannon01

Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

7 years ago

The sats with an S are spot beams aim at different cities and there will be low or zeros transponders.

You do have a mutiswitch built into the LNB.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hey yes the mutiswitch is build in to the lnb.This is lnb new it still has the same problems with just a few hd channels.I had all new rg6 wiring put in the dish alignment is correct. I run each receiver wire right to the dish. And it still has the same problem on all receivers.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

7 years ago

Isn't it most likely that this problem has nothing to do with your equipment, but is a problem with Starz??

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have exact same two recievers, a hr 24 Dr and hr 21 hd.  I found that I can use the rewind on the remote to rewind live feed for like 30 seconds then it works fine.  Let me know if you find an answer and I will do the same

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hey we have the same problem but i cant think of a fix. I dont have a dvr on my h24 to even do a rewind. My only guess is where you live maybe the signal is weak on a certain transponder. I would get a new receiver but it does it on two different kinds of receivers so that wont work. Not sure what else i can do we have changed everything i even bought a new hdmi, the same. Maybe you can figure it out, let me know if you do, thanks.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

7 years ago

No, this is not a weak signal issue, not your cable, not your receiver. It's something in the starz signal, possibly something your TV isn't handling correctly.

On your TV, switch off "smooth motion" or "true motion", anything that creates a "fake" 120Hz refresh. This often creates this type of artifact.

http://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I'm experiencing the same thing and it's really frustrating me. I had Directv a couple of years ago and never had a single issue. I just signed up again about 6 weeks ago and have been having this issue most of that time. It happens on multiple TVs, but seems to do it less on my plasma than my two LCD/LEDs. I only get this stutter/judder on my Directv equipment. Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, DVDs, and Blu-Rays all seem to work perfectly on these TVs. The main TV I'm watching is new, but I never previously saw this issue on my other TVs before coming back to Directv. It happens on many different channels when watching live, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Sundance, AMC, History, to name a few. It mostly happens on movies, and like someone above mentioned, mostly movies from the 90s or early 2000s. When I watch live sports on Fox or CBS, it looks perfect except when going to commercials, and then the commericals stutter big time. It also does it a good bit when watching movies on demand. I've been working with case management on this for a couple of weeks now, and the techs have come out twice and replaced my DVR box. The DVR doesn't record the issue, and since it's intermittent, it never wants to do it when the tech is here. I've tried recording it on my phone, but you can't really see the judder on it well. I've changed out all my HDMI cables, turned off any motion processing features or enhancements on my TVs, and it is still doing it. I changed from the HR54 to the HR44 yesterday, and it is still happening. The HR44 is connected to my Samsung plasma, which does it a lot less, and my two LG LEDs are connected via video bridge and C41w-500s, where the problem is much more noticeable. Any update or help with this would be much appreciated. My next step is to have them replace the wireless receivers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Add me to the list of frustrated. Happening right now watching Vinyl live on HBO. Happens alot on some of the Starz channels. $150+ a month to watch stuttering streaming quality. This is Bullbleep.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Same prob same channels mutiple TV's Netflix etc. is fine.  This issues reared its ugly head about a month ago for me.  My TV setups have not changed.  Prior to that no issues at all.  Something has changed on DirecTV's end.  The judder effects multiple networks not just STARz.  Please fix this issue Directv/ATT.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.