Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

leomol's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:21 AM

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I'm paying $10 more to watch la Liga in Sling. When my contract is due it will not be Directv my TV provider. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

3 y ago

@ZEKE2018 wrote:

GOOD NEWS, bein sports IS COMING BACK FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER:

I just chatting with one of their CSR (09/23/20118, at 1:05 pm eastern time) and she assure me that bein is coming back first week of October, negotiations are almost done, no extra fee or anything, so that's good news fellas!!!

I doubt that CSR has any inside information about these negotiations.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Too often they just tell you what you want to hear so they can move on to the next call.  I've seen no such announcement from BeIN or DirecTV. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

3 y ago

If DTV had come into some kind of agreement with Bein Sports;they would be very to quick to announce it before they lose anymore customer..

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

i really dont think there are enough customers to lose to make it matter

ratings are for all carriers, not just directv

"beIN Sports en Español meanwhile ranked No 3 among all cable sports networks (regardless of language), with viewers tuning in for an average of 20 minutes. Its coverage of the World Cup Qualifiers (WCQ) delivered 167,000 total viewers (P2+) per telecast (weekday and weekend), while the WCQ Playoffs delivered an average of 432,000 total viewers (P2+), of which 241,000 were P18-49. Overall, it aired nine of the top-15 most-viewed WCQ matches among all networks, regardless of language.

Across both networks, El Clásico showdown between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid had a total gross average audience of 1.04 million viewers (P2+), according to Nielsen Total Content Ratings.
The top performing match on beIN SPORTS en Español outside of El Clásico, was Real Madrid vs. Valencia on 14 October, delivering 281,000 viewers (P18-49).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

If you are mad because you lost LaLiga as I am for losin MotoGP, cancel.   Directv has kept 7 million Dodger households blacked out for 5 full seasons currently and it could go on for another 20 yrs I’ve read.   Directv is refusing to negotiate for those fans nor are they willing to offer channels ala carte.   So again, La Liga will not be coming back and when Direct uses phrases like “may come back soon” it’s just their way of keeping your money coming in while you are holding false hope.   Screw off Directv

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

CSR’s don’t know anything.   They are reading cue cards designed to keep you from canceling.   

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

3 y ago

It is TWC/Spectrum asking price that is preventing DTV from getting the Dodger games.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

One solution to offset these “asking prices” stop paying the “asking prices” for the other unwatchable channels. I’m sure the ratings for channels like Hallmark or CSPAN are nowhere near where the Dodgers and Bein channels would be
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

@Helidad wrote:
One solution to offset these “asking prices” stop paying the “asking prices” for the other unwatchable channels. I’m sure the ratings for channels like Hallmark or CSPAN are nowhere near where the Dodgers and Bein channels would be

you would be wrong

edit for link

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/here-are-the-top-cable-channels/361102

@Hallmark @ 15.  bein @ 96

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

3 y ago

The content providers bundle their channels and there is nothing DTV or other providers can do except pick the bundle that best suits their customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

If Bein Sports is not reinstated I will be leaving DirecTV and looking for a better option.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

This is about biEN sports ! Directv but really AT&T who is screwing the fans a great soccer/football. I am leaving everything AT&T. I will move Spectrum and get biEN sports thru my internet..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Is there an estimated time frame of when terms may be reached or is BeIN completely off channel list?

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

only bein knows

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 y ago

@johnny1880 wrote:

Is there an estimated time frame of when terms may be reached or is BeIN completely off channel list?

Sadly, no. There is no ETA on when/if beIN will sign a new agreement. Only they know when they sign or decide to quit negotiations all together.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.