Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

leomol's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:21 AM

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

@Killerbronco AT&T had nothing to do with the contract expiring between DTV and BeIN.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Kind sir/madam aka DirecTv customer,
If you are waiting for DirecTv to update channel lists of any type (guide
through receiver, online listing of channels, etc..), that will be a long
while. DTv is notorious for a bunch of things, and one of the biggest is
NOT updating their channel listings. Such a simple task, that they just
can't seem to get done. Maybe they are spending to much time on removing
great channels, instead of just keeping their lists up to date.

**All of this is my opinion, which has been impacted by being a customer of
Dtv for 17 years..**
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

@Killerbronco wrote:
This is about biEN sports ! Directv but really AT&T who is screwing the fans a great soccer/football. I am leaving everything AT&T. I will move Spectrum and get biEN sports thru my internet..

AT&T acquiring DirecTV would not change when the agreement between DirecTV and beIN ended. Now that the existing agreement came up they are now negotiating for continued carriage. Since they own the broadcast rights, beIN could turn on the feed while they are negotiating, but so far beIN has chosen not to. This is a normal negotiating tactic to use us customers. It is within beIN's right to do so, even though we don't like it.

You will not find a TV provider that is immune from these negotiations as they do not own the channels. Certainly choose whatever TV provider works best for you, but I find "leaving everything AT&T" because one channel is playing hardball to be a bit of an extreme response. After all a single channel has nothing to do with your internet or cell phone services.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

47 Messages

3 y ago

I called into the 2020 number to check on the status of BeIN.  The off-shore agent quickly knew where to find the script to read back to me.  In a nutshell, it was said the contract terminated and is being renegotiated.  Status would need to be found on the following website.  http://ffy.att.com/

Nothing I've heard or read makes me think this will turn around.

All things being equal, if you care about this topic, worth calling in and having your record updated about interest in the channel, and writing into the above website with your comments.

On a personal level, I would not be okay to see a price increase in my U450 service just for this one channel.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

@gr8sho

Well the situation with beIN is a hot topic for some time now. No matter how many calls they get from customers, their answer cannot change. Agreement between DirecTV and beIN came up and they are in negotiations about continued carriage. At beIN's choice, since they own the broadcast rights, have turned off the feed to DirecTV. Presumably this is just like other negotiations where the channel owner attempts to use us customers as leverage to increase their revenue by raising costs to existing subscribers, or adding it to more options increasing their costs (by a smaller amount) so that more people pay for it even if they don't watch it.

From experience, these agents are not privy to the negotiations themselves. They only get notified when the channel is back on, or in the rare case where negotiations have ceased completely and both companies have moved on.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

47 Messages

3 y ago

@Juniper

Yes, of course. Just the idea that customers also have a voice and should be allowed to provide.

Also, this is not just about DTV, but also involves Uverse.

The issue involves both companies and they need to get 'er dun. 

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

@gr8sho wrote:

@Juniper

Yes, of course. Just the idea that customers also have a voice and should be allowed to provide.

Also, this is not just about DTV, but also involves Uverse.

The issue involves both companies and they need to get 'er dun. 

remember direct and uverse are not the only ones that do being has issues with

bein needs to humble up some too

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

The rest of us is me and im willing to pay extra for my Barcelona, I pay more for a Box fight

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

So are you going to pay for everyone that doesn't want to?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

@Fabian95 wrote:

The rest of us is me and im willing to pay extra for my Barcelona, I pay more for a Box fight

If "the rest of us" really is "you", will you pay the additional for all of us who don't want to pay extra?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

3 y ago

I dont mind paying extra to have Bein sports back. Directtv is Bein Sports, without it ,DirectTV is not worth a bucket of warm p*ss, excuse my language.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@thepreacher wrote:

I dont mind paying extra to have Bein sports back. Directtv is Bein Sports, without it ,DirectTV is not worth a bucket of warm p*ss, excuse my language.

If every customer was willing to pay extra for BeIN, then there would be no issue.  Of course, that's not true.  BeIN should be an add-on channel so that those who want it can pay for it.  But that's not what BeIN wants.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

@thepreacher wrote:

Well that is a unique perspective. Most people do not shell out the large amount of money each month for just one channel and not watch anything else. Others, like myself, enjoy DirecTV for a variety of channels and do not want our bill going up regardless of which channel wants more money.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

47 Messages

3 y ago

@Juniper

Not as unique as you you might think. Not sure if DTV offers international channels, but there ones out that charge anywhere from 10 to 15 USD per month for just one channel and to boot is not even delivered in HD. And people pay and spend significant amount of time watching.

But that would not be the scenario for beIN as it’s laced with a boatload of infomercials. ESPN never does that and yet beIN wants equal footing with them. So that part isn’t quite right if you ask me. I pay for the most expensive U-verse tv package and part of the justification was for beIN. Now that it’s gone, I can change more easily as I could get the add on sports package. Okay, I could have done that anyway.  😀

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

I was thinking of paying for package, receiver services, TV fees and then Sports Pack on top of that. Paying $15 or so for a single channel I can see. But $60 - $80 a month for a single channel (counting entire bill) is what I see unique.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.