Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

leomol's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:21 AM

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

47 Messages

3 y ago

Of course not, especially considering other standalone streaming service that contain beIN are considerably less than $60/mo. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

Exactly. Based on the comment from the other poster, I got the impression that there is nothin else at all they watch on their service.

DirecTV is a great variety, but I wouldn't go to any traditional pay TV service if all I was going to watch would be a single channel.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I like to watch "real" Football instead of "fake" Football. So I'll find a service that gives me back my La Liga and other football channels

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

check carefuly, as bein is pricing itself out of the market

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

@Algo321 wrote:

I like to watch "real" Football instead of "fake" Football. So I'll find a service that gives me back my La Liga and other football channels

You mean you like to watch Fütbol vs American Football. They are both "real" sports, but very different.

Certainly go where you can to get your sports, but be aware that beIN is carried by less providers from before DirecTV so there is some uncertainty for them at the moment.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

3 y ago

How is there uncertainty. DishNetwork and Sling TV just signed a long term agreement with Bein Sports. So guess where I am going.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/bein-sports-reaches-new-deal-with-dish-and-sling-tv

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

@thepreacher wrote:

How is there uncertainty. DishNetwork and Sling TV just signed a long term agreement with Bein Sports. So guess where I am going.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/bein-sports-reaches-new-deal-with-dish-and-sling-tv

dish is known for having more disputes than anyone else

so check carefully for any stations you want wit them.

i know they have a few right now including locals in some areas and univision nationally

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

I agree. The production crew and analysts are far superior to any other channel attempting to cover the world of soccer. Give me back Ray and company.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Very disappointing to not see bein sports on directv!!  When is it coming back???

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

Whenever BeIN signs a contract or returns the feed while they talk.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I am going to find out where I am at with the contract and their refusal/neglect/failure to honor their obligations to their customers. This is going to be interesting with the law suits coming to Directv.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

Have fun with that, but since you missed the part in your contact that states that channels and programs can be changed at anytime you probably will not get far.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

or the part that says you give up the right to sue and agree to go to arbitration

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

@CutlerBay20451 wrote:

I am going to find out where I am at with the contract and their refusal/neglect/failure to honor their obligations to their customers. This is going to be interesting with the law suits coming to Directv.

They have not violated their obligations. DirecTV, just like other TV providers, have in their terms that programming/channels are subject to change at any time. This is because they do not own the channels. Your service agreement is only for keeping DirecTV service, not a guarantee of ANY channel staying for the length of your service.

bEIN owns the broadcast rights. They could return the feed to DirecTV as a sign of good faith while they negotiate, or they could hold out for more money from either existing subscribers or being put into packages so that all customers regardless if they watch it or not cover the costs. So bEIN is holding out, using customers as a leverage tool. This a normal negotiating tactic for channel owners.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Bein sports live streaming the Premier League, La Liga watched over the internet live stream, if it is not active then it is very regrettable.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.