Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

leomol's profile

Mentor

 • 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:21 AM

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Contributor

 • 

1 Message

3 y ago

Absolutely! I ONLY have direcTV because of BeIN. We are planning on canceling really soon. 

sunpacy

Scholar

 • 

68 Messages

3 y ago

I just hear in a soccer podcast that in the last two months DTV lost 340000 subscribers and the reason seems to be dropping BeIN because is not any other major change also in the same period only added 49000 new subscribers to DTV NOW. That is less than half of last year same period but I also heard that is more likely that BeIN is not going to be back they will wait until BeIN end the contract with LaLiga and see if NBC ESPN or FOX  get it

shannon02

ACE - Expert

 • 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

BeIN dropped DTV by removing their feed.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

 • 

47 Messages

3 y ago

Just like att dropped hbo from dish...  😉

sunpacy

Scholar

 • 

68 Messages

3 y ago

I know you are here to protect DTV but the thechnicalitty of who drop who is irrelevant the big company who have the luxury to survive without the other one Is Directv so if I tell you you will work for me and i won’t pay you and you say no I won’t work for you then i can’t tell I offered a job but he refused 

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

 • 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago


@sunpacy wrote:

I just hear in a soccer podcast that in the last two months DTV lost 340000 subscribers and the reason seems to be dropping BeIN because is not any other major change also in the same period only added 49000 new subscribers to DTV NOW. That is less than half of last year same period but I also heard that is more likely that BeIN is not going to be back they will wait until BeIN end the contract with LaLiga and see if NBC ESPN or FOX  get it


all those people did not drop because of bein.  that would exceed the total viewership of the station

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

 • 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago


@sunpacy wrote:

I know you are here to protect DTV but the thechnicalitty of who drop who is irrelevant the big company who have the luxury to survive without the other one Is Directv so if I tell you you will work for me and i won’t pay you and you say no I won’t work for you then i can’t tell I offered a job but he refused 


directv is willing to pay bein, they know they have to, just not what bein wants.

whats wrong with the old deal? why does it have to change?

because bein is greedy, and wants more

sunpacy

Scholar

 • 

68 Messages

3 y ago

directv is willing to pay bein, they know they have to, just not what bein wants.

 

 

And how much those figures would be? Do you actually know what is demanding BeIN or what is demanding DTV? You don’t so until them keep an imparcial opinion 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

 • 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago


@sunpacy wrote:

directv is willing to pay bein, they know they have to, just not what bein wants.

 

 

And how much those figures would be? Do you actually know what is demanding BeIN or what is demanding DTV? You don’t so until them keep an imparcial opinion 


Well, it's not like any of us know the exact figures.  

 

sunpacy

Scholar

 • 

68 Messages

3 y ago

But while you don’t know which side is being unreasonable you for some mysterious reason side with DTV Trying to confuse customers who want the truth

sunpacy

Scholar

 • 

68 Messages

3 y ago

I didn't say "ALL" I gave the figure and the experts (something you are not) believe that big parto of that is because BeIN. Anyway if you see how many people watched in FUBO TV the classico Barcelona Real Madrid with out Ronaldo and Messi were 450000 viewers between BeIN and BeIN in spanish so is 100000 less only the number is very possible that most cancel DTV services because BeIN. Sorry that your daddy got hurt

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

 • 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago


@sunpacy wrote:

I didn't say "ALL" I gave the figure and the experts (something you are not) believe that big parto of that is because BeIN. Anyway if you see how many people watched in FUBO TV the classico Barcelona Real Madrid with out Ronaldo and Messi were 450000 viewers between BeIN and BeIN in spanish so is 100000 less only the number is very possible that most cancel DTV services because BeIN. Sorry that your daddy got hurt


450k viewers? any network show with those numbers would be cancelled.

as i have said before its a niche market.  not very popular, and not worth the money for most people

it should be an add on channel, like some others

sunpacy

Scholar

 • 

68 Messages

3 y ago

"450k viewers? any network show with those numbers would be cancelled"

That shows how monumentally ignorant you are about soccer. Those are great numbers for soccer viewers. Do you know ESPN or NBC Sports numbers for Serie A or Premier league, or FOX for UEFA Champions League?
probably you have no idea. but in a good day 150K if Manchester United play against Chelsea or Liverpool or Manchester City or Arsenal. and in serie A maybe 200K viewers if Ronaldo is playing against Inter or Milan. 450K viewers in Soccer are great numbers in a country that enjoy sports where people try to break their heads crashing into each other and have no taste for skillful sports.

Do you know the numbers of people watched that last World Cup? the most watch sport event watch in the world, by the way, more than the summer olympics (do you know what is the world don't you? everything else outside USA, I know Americans have trouble to recognize that exist other places) Billions watch the World Cup worldwide but in America 1.98 million, this last world cup it drop 44% probably because US national team didn't make it but this is a country with a population 350 millions. While 18.9 million watched the World Series final,  114.4 million watched the 
Super Bowl.

Besides I said that BeIN can bring probably more of 450K viewers when was in DTV and they could bring more viewers if DTV put BeIN in a more inexpensive package accessing more people. Because that was what FuboTV ratings are which is amazing considering that no everyone enjoy a reliable fast internet access. 450K viewers are those without counting those who record the game and watched later like me the estimation is over half million that for soccer is amazing for a league game with out Messi on the pitch.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

 • 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago


@sunpacy wrote:

"450k viewers? any network show with those numbers would be cancelled"

That shows how monumentally ignorant you are about soccer. Those are great numbers for soccer viewers. Do you know ESPN or NBC Sports numbers for Serie A or Premier league, or FOX for UEFA Champions League?
probably you have no idea. but in a good day 150K if Manchester United play against Chelsea or Liverpool or Manchester City or Arsenal. and in serie A maybe 200K viewers if Ronaldo is playing against Inter or Milan. 450K viewers in Soccer are great numbers in a country that enjoy sports where people try to break their heads crashing into each other and have no taste for skillful sports.

Do you know the numbers of people watched that last World Cup? the most watch sport event watch in the world, by the way, more than the summer olympics (do you know what is the world don't you? everything else outside USA, I know Americans have trouble to recognize that exist other places) Billions watch the World Cup worldwide but in America 1.98 million, this last world cup it drop 44% probably because US national team didn't make it but this is a country with a population 350 millions. While 18.9 million watched the World Series final,  114.4 million watched the 
Super Bowl.

Besides I said that BeIN can bring probably more of 450K viewers when was in DTV and they could bring more viewers if DTV put BeIN in a more inexpensive package accessing more people. Because that was what FuboTV ratings are which is amazing considering that no everyone enjoy a reliable fast internet access. 450K viewers are those without counting those who record the game and watched later like me the estimation is over half million that for soccer is amazing for a league game with out Messi on the pitch.


this thread is about bein and directv, broadcasting in the US.  not worldwide.

those numbers are horrible for a us program.  ad revenue would be low.

 

again.  a niche channel.  it should not be in every pack.  

 

sunpacy

Scholar

 • 

68 Messages

3 y ago

"

this thread is about bein and directv, broadcasting in the US.  not worldwide.

those numbers are horrible for a us program.  ad revenue would be low.

 

again.  a niche channel.  it should not be in every pack. "

Man/or Girl you are really amazing (in the negative way) I am the guy giving you the figures and you feel entitle to say what this thread is about? Really?

These numbers are not bad if you understand that Soccer is not that popular in US (reading you I wonder why? probably too sophisticated sport to average Americans? ) what you need to watch is the trend if raise and or decline. And it was raising most than any other sport until the men team didn't make it in the World Cup. Money in soccer reflect in all areas. The salary of the best American soccer player is not comparable to NBA MLB or NFL. the MLS league is much poor than any other sport in US. Don't worry the caravan is coming.

No one say it should be in every pack but it should be in a lower pack no in the most expensive one. besides BeIN no only show soccer, have other sports inclusive the awful College American Football, Moto racing, Rugby, Tennis, Boxing, college basketball, sport movies, sport shows is as good and as bad is ESPN FOX or NBC sports with the difference that own the right of the most popular soccer league in the world and the Qualifiers for CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and AFRICAN NATIONS for the world cup plus the 4 best league in the world, the rights of Copa America, and the EuroCUP probably the best tournaments in the planet for those who care about soccer. Have the best analysis of the game in two languages best narrators best commentators (ESPN TNT FOX are deplorable) NBC Sports just a little bit better. And by the way BeIN sports have better rating than NBCSports TNTSports FOXSports and ESPN in soccer so is pretty good channel so much that 350K subscription in DTV are gone. I wonder how many more in COMCAST and FIOS. I am gone of DTV too I reduce my package to the cheapest possible I went for 210 dollars a month to 49.99 I am watching my soccer streaming now since BeIN is gone (only bad thing I can fast forward streaming when I record my games the only thing different) and I am saving 14 dollars now a month I have FUBOTV FANATIZ and HULU and I have all the same amount of Soccer. 


NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.