Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

leomol's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:21 AM

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

compare beins rating to espn/nbc/ ect

no it does not belong in a lower pack, it belongs as an add on

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Aug. 4, 2019 cannot come fast enough for me to drop Direct TV.  What a sham...I get the top of the line package to get BEIN Sports and now this.  Good riddance AT&T!  Thank you for absolutely nothing...hello Spectum Cable!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Please learn how to type and or spell!

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

3 y ago

No-one knows the exact detail of the negotiation. Weknow Bein is not happy with renewing the exsting deal. It is rumored that they want the channel to be included in a lower tier package. This would mean increasing the price of the package and also that everyone with that packagewould be paying for Bein even though they never watch it.

sunpacy

Scholar

• 

68 Messages

3 y ago

Some here seems to know that DTV is the little sheep and BeIn is the wolf that want more and more and more. For me is hard to believe it. I try to listen different sources and because this issue is already old, out there are a lot of versions. One is BeIN is trying to renegotiate their contract from at least 2 years ago (when BeIn was a more powerful channel because it had not only La Liga but Champions League, Serie A, Conmebol and Concacaf WC qualifications  rounds) When Bein was drop by Comcast BeIn was willing to renew with DTV the exact same contract they had before but DTV seeing that their were in a better negotiating place decided to even offer them less money. BeIn now without Serie A or Champions League and with a new soccer Broadcaster with more money like TNT DTV in coordination with COMCAST FOX ESPN AND TNT trying to screw up the Qatar station. Just probably BeIn will be out of USA and only broadcast to Middle East. That is what seems to be the DTV plan

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

Me too. I am looking for another provider that has Bein Sports

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@jzuazua wrote:

Me too. I am looking for another provider that has Bein Sports

Research carefully. Several other providers have also had BeIN Sports pull their channel.

sunpacy

Scholar

• 

68 Messages

3 y ago

"Research carefully. Several other providers have also had BeIN Sports pull their channel."

Be more helpful and give the fellow customers some info. Only three providers drop BeIn. Comcast Fios and DirecTV

Spectrum Time Warner DishNetwork  still have BeIn in the line up. Dishnetwork just signed a Three year deal with BeIn.

But here all these ACE expert never would give you that info they are here to protect DirecTV interest 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

3 y ago

If we had that info. It's not our job to looking at other providers, especially since they might also pull Bein.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

It is not on DTV that is all I need to know.

sunpacy

Scholar

• 

68 Messages

3 y ago

"It is not on DTV that is all I need to know."

"If we had that info. It's not our job to looking at other providers, especially since they might also pull Bein."

Neither is your Job answer if you are not knowledgeable about the issue the only thing you do is scare customers who express their desire to cancel DTV because is no carrying any longer BeIn. Then you become ACE EXPERTS and say BE CAREFUL , may others drop it too, then you are all experts but when someone like me that google about it, listen to Soccer on TV podcast while driving to my job, And Know now better what is going on with BeIN and the 
entire DIRECTV CONCAST FIOS shameful fiasco against BEIN all coordinated to try to destroy a small sport network from Qatar in benefit of the big US corporate network ESPN NBCSports FOX TNT. Get informed before pretend to advise customers you have no idea what is going on and even when is like that you still protecting DTV interest

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@sunpacy wrote:

"It is not on DTV that is all I need to know."

"If we had that info. It's not our job to looking at other providers, especially since they might also pull Bein."

Neither is your Job answer if you are not knowledgeable about the issue the only thing you do is scare customers who express their desire to cancel DTV because is no carrying any longer BeIn. Then you become ACE EXPERTS and say BE CAREFUL , may others drop it too, then you are all experts but when someone like me that google about it, listen to Soccer on TV podcast while driving to my job, And Know now better what is going on with BeIN and the 
entire DIRECTV CONCAST FIOS shameful fiasco against BEIN all coordinated to try to destroy a small sport network from Qatar in benefit of the big US corporate network ESPN NBCSports FOX TNT. Get informed before pretend to advise customers you have no idea what is going on and even when is like that you still protecting DTV interest

It's a good thing that you're here to set the record straight. 

sunpacy

Scholar

• 

68 Messages

3 y ago

"It's a good thing that you're here to set the record straight."

And not only you are all ignorant about it some of you are arrogant and sarcastic 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@sunpacy wrote:

"It's a good thing that you're here to set the record straight."

And not only you are all ignorant about it some of you are arrogant and sarcastic 

No arrogance or sarcasm intended.  I meant that comment sincerely.  You've done lots of research about alternate providers that still carry BeIN.  I'm just pointing out that folks need to research any new providers carefully.  

sunpacy

Scholar

• 

68 Messages

3 y ago

"No arrogance or sarcasm intended.  I meant that comment sincerely.  You've done lots of research about alternate providers that still carry BeIN.  I'm just pointing out that folks need to research any new providers carefully.  

Because I have no way to probe if you meant to be sarcastic with your comment they only I have left todo is apologize for my comment

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.