Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

leomol's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:21 AM

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.6K Messages

3 y ago

@sunpacy wrote:

"But we still have the sky available so satellite will remain a viable option for a long time to come.

If does not rain, if not satellite is gone, as usual happen three drops i lost signal

If three drops of rain is causing you to lose satellite reception, then something is wrong with your dish .... misalignment, defective coax connectors, etc.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I agree, I had direct tv because of bein sports. Now I am switching to Xfinity Comcast and my bill between cable internet and TV reduced by about $100.00 per month.  Also just added Sling TV for bein sports and it’s only $10.00 per month, plus I can add ESPN Deportes for $3.00 a month as well.  So in the end Direct TV is losing my business, my monthly bill is reduced drastically and I can still watch La Liga.  Thank you Direct TV.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

47 Messages

3 y ago

Hello @Laligafollower

I don't believe you can watch La Liga on ESPN anything.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Correct i I watch la liga thru be in sports from sling tv.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Not BeIN's demand. They just want to be included in more lower priced packages.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Thanks for the tip, guess we will have to do the same. Can't go without La Liga, and Ligue 1. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

10/28 is the deadline. Get BeIN back before the Clasico, or it's time to gut my packages. La Liga, and Ligue 1 are still important to us.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.6K Messages

3 y ago

@FShaeffer wrote:

Not BeIN's demand. They just want to be included in more lower priced packages.

Which would require providers like Comcast and DirecTV to raise the price of those "lower priced packages".   That's why they won't comply.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Directv sports package WITHOUT BeIN is beyond pointless.   BeIN was the main reason to buy the package.  

Hopefully Directv will get their stuff together and bring BeIN back or they will see a huge drop in their sports package. 

Thanks 

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

@TheSoccerFan wrote:

Directv sports package WITHOUT BeIN is beyond pointless.   BeIN was the main reason to buy the package.  

Hopefully Directv will get their stuff together and bring BeIN back or they will see a huge drop in their sports package. 

Thanks 

thats relative.  i am sure many people could care less.  just like you dont care about the other channels

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

So not BeIN increasing their price as other "ACE" contributors have implied. Why would Dtv or Comcast have to increase their price, they're not paying BeIN anymore $?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

This is nonsense. They need to bring beIn Sports back. There are many customers that demand that channel. How can you justify a price increase with the excuse of better service if you are going to end up removing good channels?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

the only reason i have Direct tv and pay for the premium package is because of that channel which provides the best soccer from all over, and other sports, they are not so regional as to talk about one league only all the time like the other two sport channels do. if i don't get this channel soon i will be force to leave this company after 20 years of been a customer. sad.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

We all know why this is happening. It started with beIN Sports wanting to be treated the same way NBCSports is treated, offered on lower priced packages, as well as in HD. What is NBCSports "big get" as far as soccer goes? The EPL, what's the EPL's biggest competitor? La Liga, who has the rights to La Liga? beIN Sports. Who owns NBC? Comcast. So to protect their product, they drop beIN, which would put pressure on the league to switch at the end of the contract. DirecTV, owned by AT&T, has a sweet deal with NBC/Comcast, and doesn't want to rock the boat. So when beIN ask to be treated the same way the distributor treats NBCSports, AT&T played hardball, and tried to put the screws to the independent network. beIN can't give in, otherwise these providers will continue to squeeze them until they're no longer a viable product. Bring beIN back before October 28th! Do right by your long time customers (19 years)! 

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

47 Messages

3 y ago

@FShaeffer

BEIN failed to make a case on the anti-competitive argument and was sent away. Perhaps they will be successful next time. Could prove to be an interesting test. Frankly Comcast treated BEIN poorly from the onset. Pathetic really. At least with U-verse we had first class treatment. 

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.