Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

dreamsincolors's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 10:45 PM

Cannot get rid of non-DVR in list - cannot record on iPhone 4s

I just upgraded to software 2.4.  Everything worked fine before.  Now when I go to record a show, the default receiver is Bedroom.  My bedroom does not have a DVR.  If I try to record to it, it says this receiver does not support recording.  Ok, that is correct.

So I click on the receiver and it takes me to a new screen where Living Room is listed.  That is the DVR.  However, that is all that is listed.  If I check the Living Room receiver and return to the previous screen, it now says Multiple for the receiver.  I press record and it says Bedroom does not support recording.  I go back to the receiver screen and uncheck the Living Room and return and all it says is Bedroom now.  I cannot get rid of the Bedroom.

I called Tech Support and he told me to uninstall/reinstall the app, which I have done, and I still have the problem.  I logged out and back in - no luck.  Tech Support then suggested I try this forum.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 y مضت

The numbers listed under "receivers" is the Receiver ID number.  match those numbers with the HDDVR RID number.  make sure those match

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 y مضت

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the ID matches the DVR online and on the phone.  But that doesn't seem to be the root of the problem.  How do I de-select Bedroom from the list?  The only option I had before the upgrade was Living Room, and that seems to be what I need now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 y مضت

I am having the same problem as you, except that I cannot even see my non-DVR on the list to de-select it.  When I click on another receiver, I also get the "multiple" receiver message and I cannot record a thing.  

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 y مضت

so when you click on receivers, there should be two receivers listed, right?  to deselect the non-DVR, just tap on it and that should get rid of the check mark.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 y مضت

Sorry, I must not be making myself clear.  I think both of you pretty much understand the issue.  I have the same issue as you mizanman.

Yes, in theory, when I click into the receivers screen, I should see 2 receivers listed:

Living Room (DVR)

Bedroom (non-DVR)

I only see Living Room (DVR).

Therefore, if I check it, I get "Multiple" which includes the Living Room and the Bedroom.

If I uncheck it, I get "Bedroom" only.

The Bedroom is always included.

It is as if Bedroom is embedded and I cannot uncheck/de-select/remove it.  It does not exist on the receivers screen so that I can take action.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 y مضت

I suggest to give the app a day or two and see if the receivers list populates with the right equipment.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 y مضت

I am having the same problem, as is my husband's app.  We pick a show to record.  It says "Unsupported Receiver - The following receivers do not support record padding: BEDROOM."  We don't have a DVR in the bedroom, so that makes sense, but when I try to pick one of our two DVR receivers from the list, it checks it and then says "Multiple" under receivers. However, "BEDROOM" isn't even in the list to deselect!  Please fix this app!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 y مضت

I am having somewhat the same problem, when I go to my app to record things, the bedroom and living room receiver it is showing does not match the numbers that is on our actual boxes. When I log on to the account on the internet it shows the correct numbers for the boxes, but still even when I have un-installed the app and re-installed it, the wrong numbers still appear on the app. Not sure what to do, because even when I log in to it on line why change those numbers when they are correct? Just wish I knew how to fix the numbers on the app. Never had this problem before till now. Very aggravating and wish could be fixed asap!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 y مضت

Same problem here.  "LIVING RM" DVR, non DVR in "BEDROOM"  Select LIVING RM in setup, shows Multiple Receivers, then the message about not recording in BEDROOM.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 y مضت

I am having the same problem. Please fix this ASAP. I just need to be able to deselect my "bedroom" receiver as it is not a DVR receiver. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 y مضت

Ditto for me, I can't get rid of the bedroom receiver since it does not show up in the list. Multiple does not work either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 y مضت

same here, kind of annoying as how it worked perfectly fine until i updated the application and as far as i can tell the only thing they did in the update is muck this up.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 y مضت

Same exact problem on my end since i updated app this am.  I didn't want to update b/c I just got the app working again after the last update but my app froze and would only open if I selected to update.  So update and back to the same problem of not being able to record again.

I called Directv and she said she couldn't change the dvr selection on their end and was escalating the ticket.  I told her that there are people on the forums with the same problem.  We are unable to select the correct dvr/receiver and it shows MULTIPLE under receiver.  Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.

If someone comes up with a solution on their own, please post 🙂

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 y مضت

I sent this query to my DirecTV contacts.  Waiting on them for a replay, stay tuned!

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 y مضت

Thank you 🙂

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.