Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

dreamsincolors's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 10:45 PM

Cannot get rid of non-DVR in list - cannot record on iPhone 4s

I just upgraded to software 2.4.  Everything worked fine before.  Now when I go to record a show, the default receiver is Bedroom.  My bedroom does not have a DVR.  If I try to record to it, it says this receiver does not support recording.  Ok, that is correct.

So I click on the receiver and it takes me to a new screen where Living Room is listed.  That is the DVR.  However, that is all that is listed.  If I check the Living Room receiver and return to the previous screen, it now says Multiple for the receiver.  I press record and it says Bedroom does not support recording.  I go back to the receiver screen and uncheck the Living Room and return and all it says is Bedroom now.  I cannot get rid of the Bedroom.

I called Tech Support and he told me to uninstall/reinstall the app, which I have done, and I still have the problem.  I logged out and back in - no luck.  Tech Support then suggested I try this forum.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10年前

Did you use "Z" or "D" in front of the non-dvr receiver?  Try to reauthorize receiver again.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10年前

Hi All,

I had the same issue - man it really stunk to not be able to do what I've been doing with this app for a year or more! I was traveling and wanted to record a sporting event. I never got a successful message but managed to record the event but I assumed I did not as the app always said failure.

Thank you for the work around - it worked great.

I deleted the app off my iphone

I wen to directv website and renamed all my non DVR receivers to Z-something.... Zbedroom, Zrecroom, Zetc. Then I reauthorized all these Z-receivers. Then re-installed the application on my iphone. Logged into the newly installed Iphone application and things worked as they should.

The default is the first named receiver in alphabetical order. So now my first receiver in alphabetical order is Living room which is a DVR!

I suspect had I just renamed my DVR in the Living Room to ALiving Room - and done the reinstall/authorization all would have worked but I'm not in the mood to test their application for them.

Seriously - someone did not test this application with a configuration that included non-DVR named Bedroom or Asomething!

Mike

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10年前

I am having the same problem and have reinstalled, renamed equipment etc

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10年前

Ditto - ditto- ditto!  We have two houses and this is the only account with a non-DVR and I cannot remove it from the list.  Same error, so frustrating - no excuse for bad software programming.  (shaking head).  Come on DirecTV - you get about $400 a month from me.  Please fix this -- I hate having to go to a laptop to schedule something on the DVR.  That is so last century.  And yes, I tried all of the suggested courses.  Very annoyed.  Worse than coal in my stocking.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10年前

Just followed JeffreyNot's suggestion in renaming my non-DVR device and was able to get in and record things again! Thanks a ton for the suggestion!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10年前

Ok, I'm back to report on my experience.  Thanks to jefferynot to the solution!

I have Wholehome, and these are my receivers:

1. Living Rm (DVR)

2. Bedroom (non-DVR)

3. Bedroom (non-DVR)

I deleted the app and then renamed the receivers and re-authorized them on the DirecTV website:

1. ZLiving Rm

2. ZDen

3. ZBedroom

I then re-installed the app and logged in.

This DID NOT WORK.  Same problem.

I deleted the app again and renamed them again as follows, and re-authorized on the DirecTV website:

1. ALiving Rm

2. BDen

3. CBedroom

I then re-installed the app and logged in.

This WORKED.

The only receiver listed in the app is ALiving Rm (my DVR).  My test recording was successful.

Good luck to everyone!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10年前

I would recommend the following....

1. Un-install the application

2. Go to Directv website

3. Rename all NON-DVR receivers to Zbedroom, Zlivingroom, etc

4. Rename all DVR recivers to Abedroom, Alivingroom, etc

5. Reauthorize all the receivers

6. Re-install the application

Let us know how it goes

Mike

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10年前

And don't forget to logout on the app, not just re-install. Unless you logout (top bar on the "settings" menu). Do everything else Mike said and do that as well and it should work.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10年前

Mike.  Did all that and what jehu22 advised as well.  No good. Still won't schedule a record.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10年前

I see that can now record TV shows and movies, but NOT movies listed under the "Movies" tab.  When I find that same movie under the "Browse Channels" tab, it will record.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10年前

I send Directv and email because i was having the same problems as you and they replied me with this and it work for me. As we work around, you may login to your account and change the friendly names of your non-DVR receivers to start with the letter Z. This prevents the non-DVRs from being selected

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10年前

I have the exact same problem and the programmers at directv don't reallize the lack of concern will drive me away.  I refuse to give my money to a company that treats me this way.   My rep last week told me that I don't pay for the application to work.  Just a perk.  I think it is a selling pitch and therefor since I expect to be able to do what they tell me it will hold up in court.  THey are in breach of expectations.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10年前

I just got off the phone with Direct TV and they had no clue what I was talking about and after discussing with their rep about this forum, she suggested I post this about the iphone issues for recording(or lack of recording abilities). Since the upgrade of 2.4 on IphoneS, there seems to be a problem telling your device to record on the LIVING ROOM DVR. If we continue to post and call, maybe they'll get the message WE R NOT HAPPY!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10年前

Thanks for everyone posting their concerns and fixxes to the problem with Iphone4s. I uninstalled and reinstalled like the previous post and changed my LIVING ROOM DVR to A LIVING RM and it is now able to record from my Iphone. Great job everyone.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10年前

Quote: Originally Posted by lefty55tex 

I just got off the phone with Direct TV and they had no clue what I was talking about and after discussing with their rep about this forum, she suggested I post this about the iphone issues for recording(or lack of recording abilities). Since the upgrade of 2.4 on IphoneS, there seems to be a problem telling your device to record on the LIVING ROOM DVR. If we continue to post and call, maybe they'll get the message WE R NOT HAPPY!!!

did you read the thread.  the solution is on post # 37

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.