Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

Tamara23's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 6:25 AM

Can't Register Device

I am trying to register my ipad and my android phone for Mobile DVR and I keep getting an error code. "We couldn't register your device. Please try again (100)." Nothing seems to work!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

5 y مضت

@Dake58, resetting your main Genie with the red button near the access card will usually fix that error. 

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 y مضت

Start by 

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps.

Then remove and reinstall the app on your devices.

ptjulie

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 y مضت

I had the same trouble.  

- Make sure you are on your HOME network.  My AT&T U-verse Gigapower router has two hotspots, one is 2.4 GHZ and one is 5.0 GHZ.  When I was on the 5.0 GHZ hotspot it stated I was not on my home network, which was not true at all.  Then switched to the 2.4GHZ hotspot.  I beleive that was causing it to not register.  But after switching to my 2.4 GHZ hotspot I did the following to get it to finally register.

- Delete the app, reinstall and open the app.

- Then enter my DirecTV credentials.

- I registered this time around but got stuck on "Search for Mobile DVR" 

- After 20 minutes of waiting, I killed the app, restarted and everything worked.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 y مضت

Please tell me how you get all this to work when you're not home?

"Out of home" viewing....IT NEVER WORKS!!!!! Because your will have a problem and the only solutions are to reset your receiver (2000 miles away) and "re-registering" your device on your "home network"....Directv really needs to get into the 20th century...I used to have Dish and I could uninstall, delete, reinstall the dishanywhere app from 5000 miles away from home, then login with my credentials and it would work...I could see my DVR and all my recordings...and guess what...I could actually watch them...any show I recorded on my dvr was able to be watched on my phone, computer, or tablet anywhere in the world...I watched many football games while in Japan...do you think that you'll be able to do that with Directv?

One word....NOPE.

I'm not a DTV hater, but I am tired of being sold stuff that doesn't work...I was a directv customer for over 12 years and finally left them about 2 1/2 years ago and switched to Dish.  I didn't notice a difference in picture quality, but there is a distinct difference in watching your tv shows away from home...if you travel and want to watch your dvr shows on your mobile device, the only service that works reliably is Dish...I have yet to watch a show out of my home on Directv...and I've tried multiple times...it just doesn't work very good.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 y مضت

@demonkc135 FWIW, it works flawlessly for me, but again I am in the USA

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 y مضت

Similar issue. Just left dish a month ago. Their app as mentioned is flawless. The direct app works on my family iPhones and loads. It also works in my samsung tablet. My son and I have the samsung galaxy 8+. We both get the error 100 message. It isn't a connection problem as we have 100/100 fios. Have called multiple times. A tech even came out. Nothing. I Have been promised to escalate my issue teice. Promised both times I would be contacted. Nope again. So here I am paying premium for the att unlimited plan and direct. What good is the service and unlimited if I cannot access most of it. One tech said to just use the internet on my phone and log in. What the time blank, really.the direct app doesn't count against your data. Using the internet on your phone, well.... there are quite a few other issues with the genie itself. Direct could care less. Shoot most of the time when calling direct you get the Philippines, talk abo it useless. Previous post commented about dish. I regret leaving dish.
Kalitaz

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

5 y مضت

How many devices do you already have registered- you can only have 5.  Delete those you are not using.  Also realize you can only stream 2 devices at the same time.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 y مضت

Thank You. We have our 3 phones. One is an iphone. Two are S8 galaxy. One
galaxy tab and one ipad. 3 devices work great with the direct app. The
two s8 galaxies still do not. Believe it is something on ATTs end and they
dont care.
EricaBS

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 y مضت

I agree. I think I will be leaving Directv as soon as my contract is complete. I travel a lot, and continuous problems syncing mobile devices and using the app. Those are things that they are supposed to be able to do. Then there are all the things they don't even claim to offer ( delete shows remotely, as an example). Right now I am without any use of my mobiles. DVD changed three days ago and still can't register them!

Kalitaz

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

5 y مضت

I also have an 8s and just now launched the DTV app on it with no problem however did notice a glitch and it might be due to the Samsung operating system on the 8; I never got any error codes however if you do authorize DTV on a phone and then later trade in that phone for another DTV system will not be able to detect that so you need to make sure that all older phones/pads/tablets have been deleted to make sure you have all your new devices available.

Hope this is helpful
Kalitaz

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

5 y مضت

A little more goes into this tech, it is not as simple as let me do this. FCC restrict content and there is a violation of these rules based on location. When DTV first came out local channels were not available not because they didn't know how to broadcast them but because they were not permitted to due to federal broadcast rules. Same apples to access to broadcast content over internet; when you first setup out of home access you have to verify your address(via ip); if you have an update to that feature regretfully you have to verify again since the app does not save it during the update(actually a good thing) hence having to be at the home location - or don't update until you are. Now I can say there a lot of things I do not agree with DTV but they try to be above board with current tech, the government has rules that all companies need to abide to so everyone gets paid (you know it is all about the money). You will always have access to channel 200 and above regardless it is only your local channels that are in question based on location.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y مضت

@ptjulie  --- I have spent the better part of a week tracking down every article, forum post, hack, reddit thread, and hidden corner of the internet to get my stupid Mobile DVR working. Despite the best efforts of AT&T/DirecTV's "technical support" team (which is simply reading the instructions to me), I stumbled across your post and the one mention of making sure the devices are on the same band of the network. Sure enough, my mobile device was on the 5GHz band of my AT&T residential gateway and the Genie was on the 2.4GHz band. As soon as I renamed the 2.4GHz band, connected the Genie to the 5GHz band, everything worked as expected! Since they were both named the same originally, it must have defaulted to one, while the phone was on another. This simple difference caused all of the "must be on home network" errors and everything other problem I was experiencing with the Mobile DVR/device registration.

So thank you, thank you, thank you! This fix needs to be the FIRST thing that's checked when running into problems. I can confirm without a doubt that this can cause the mobile device to not find the receiver.

Dake58

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 y مضت

I’ve been searching several days for a fix to get my mobile devices connected to my Genie 2 receiver. Can you please help out a felllow member with a step-by-step tutorial on how to accomplish what’s described in your post? So far I’ve tried uninstalling-reinstalling the app, reset my Genie 2 twice, had multiple chat sessions and a customer service call resulting in a degree of frustration almost indescribable. Directv customer service/tech-support have been very polite, but incapable of solving this problem. If anyone can relate to the aggravation I’ve experienced it’s you. ANY consideration woulld be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Hdtv3769

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

5 y مضت

I am in the same boat as you Dake58. No solution, I cannot register my iPhone or iPad. A rep even PM’ed on this site asking me for some information... and then I never heard from them again. DIRECTV’s “take your DVR anywhere” is the biggest advertisement joke around. 

Dake58

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 y مضت

For a year and a half I was able to access/watch my complete dvr playlist out of home with the directv app for my iPads, iPhones, and android devices. Then, about 2 weeks ago for no apperant reason, I couldn’t access my complete playlist or even watch what was displayed. I’m not going to give up until this is solved, and when I do it will be shared with the community. Rest assure Hdtv3769, because of my OCD this will have a happy ending. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.