Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 11, 2022 4:47 AM

Cast issues from Directv app to Hisense tv

Hi,

I cannot seem to cast from my Directv app to my Hisense android tv which has chromecast built in. I get an error message that says:

"There's an issue.

If this message display again, please relaunch your app or restart your Chromecast"

I have reset and restarted the tv, my iphone, and my wifi but nothing has worked. I am able to airplay from the directv app to my LG and im also able to cast other apps to the Hisense.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Accepted Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

The DTV app doesn't allow streaming/casting to any external devices.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

To watch on your TV, you need a receiver/client. You pay $7 for each authorized TV.

It is satellite service. The streaming perks are for on mobile only. They don't allow you to get a free TV on your service.

• 

2 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

This is not true, i just hooked up my roku to the Hisense and was able to airplay from the directv app on my iphone. The issue looks to be with chromecast

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

The DirecTV app is supposed to block airplay and any other sort of casting if you have the satellite service. If you have DIRECTV STREAM, then that should be ok as it is streaming-only.

If you were able to airplay the DirecTV app (satellite service), then that is a bug that should be eventually fixed. The point is that it is not supposed to work as they don't want you getting a free authorized TV with the satellite service.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.