Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

eviljohn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 19, 2007 3:46 PM

dbstalk.com

is it totally dead?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

14 y ago

cannot get on either. Was on early this morning, got too busy around 9 a.m.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 y ago

Crashed because of traffic is my assumption. The world could be ending though. I hear the hd signal vaporizes organic life and computer servers when it becomes active.
iamcasacnu

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

14 y ago

Well then we are really screwed cause the signal is still not active...

HAHAHAH we crashed the server of DBS....hahahah....I bet some of those folks are pheening to put up some more BS lies about launch!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

14 y ago

Yeah it's because of the problems with the D10 ... that's where DBSTalk transmits from 😛

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 y ago

Lies? I've been reading that site for awhile, and I haven't seen anyone "lie".

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 y ago

Dbstalk just regurgitated the same rumors that were floating around. I feel that the 9/19 date was official internally, I doubt CSRs pull this date out of thin air. Directv did announce problems with the spot beams on the sat, so I assume this is the cause of the delay.
iamcasacnu

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

14 y ago

I should not say lies...I meant people who think they are in the know and say the channels will launch every hour and when they really don't have a clue what they are talking about...

Soooo...shortbussers...
sr6376

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

14 y ago

You have to remember, CSR's are usually only loosely affiliated with the main corporation. They rarely (if ever) are given inside information such as release dates, programming changes, etc. They are only there for troubleshooting and more importantly to weed out the "easy" problems from the more involved technical issues that people call in with.

My assumption is that many of the people calling in were feeding the CSR's the information about 9/19 and eventually some of the CSR's inadvertantly started believing that the customer's calling in must have been given realistic information because "everyone was calling in and giving the same 9/19 date, so it must be true". Then they started feeding the very same rumor of 9/19, etc. There never was an internal release to the CSR's stating that 9/19 was the date, as I mention above CSR's are rarely, if ever, given this type of information. The main corporation does not want people calling in to "find out when something is going to be released". That's not what the tech support phone lines are for.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 y ago

Ok, now that was funny.

I really think it's just overloaded.

I wonder if anyone has gotten through.

I tried refreshing a couple of times and got through only to have it go down again.

Mike

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

14 y ago

Yeah, it's just overloaded. I've been in and out a couple of times since it "went down", only to be greeted with the "high volume of visitors" message.

Earlier they mentioned a "flood," but that's a malicious denial of service attack. I think this is just VERY high traffic looking to vent.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

14 y ago

DBSTalk.com got overloaded when it had over 6000 online. My understanding that it is down now to add server capacity.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.