Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

R

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 31st, 2022 6:58 PM

Fox channel in Cranston RI

What is the reason that I cannot get the Fox channel, 64 in Cranston, Rhode Island?  How long will this be an issue?  It is one of my local channels.  Will customers receive any adjustment?

Tiger593

ACE - New Member

• 

769 Messages

3 months ago

Did you ever have this channel?  I know that some local fox stations have pulled their channels due to a dispute.  If you never had this channel then that is because they do not have a contract with Directv Stream to air their channel and that is why you do not have it. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

3 months ago

As TV providers do not own the channels, there is no guarantee of any channel always being there. Terms of Service naturally have a clause that channels are subject to change. So if a channel permanent leaves, or is gone temporarily because of carriage negotiations, there is no adjustment owed or expected.

https://www.directv.com/tvpromise/

Service updates for DIRECTV in Providence RI-New Bedford MA

We’ve been working with Mission Broadcasting, the owner of WNAC-FOX/CW, to reach an agreement so you can get its programs the same way as you always do. Unfortunately, Mission has decided to exercise its right to block access to our Providence and New Bedford customers.

By law, Mission can refuse any compromise we offer and has the right to suspend WNAC-FOX/CW from your channel lineup—which we had wanted to avoid. Broadcasters like Mission will often suspend cable, satellite, or streaming customers’ access for a brief period in an attempt to negotiate higher rates for themselves for the next three or more years. That happened to DISH Network customers during a recent Mission renewal. We’re committed to offering you and other Providence and New Bedford customers the freedom to watch WNAC-FOX/CW programs anytime, anywhere on your phone, tablet, and TV – at the very least possible expense to you.

There is more, but you can read it there if you want.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I already have missed the world series, and now the world cup, due the dispute with Mission Broadcasting  about fees to carry WNAC.  I'm just about done with this.  If the super bowl is on fox, I will change providers ASAP. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

2 months ago

@n2yfy 

Changing providers will not prevent this situation. All TV providers go through carriage agreements. Unfortunately some channels, and more commonly locals, are pulling the feed to leverage customers to get the higher rates.

It is your free local, use a regular antenna. Why should we customers and the TV provders keep paying more and more for those 'free' locals?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

2 months ago

It's all about $$$. Fox wants more and DirecTV doesn't want to keep raising rates. Learn more here ....

https://youtu.be/rppTzSP5NI4

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.