Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

lgimnich's profile
lgimnich
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2022 7:45 PM

Fox News shows can only be recorded in 1 hour increments

About 1 month ago, suddenly with Fox News shows that are over 1 hour are now in the guide as TWO+  1 hour shows.  NOTE:  This ONLY happens with FOX News and Fox Business shows (360 and 359)

For instance, I have always recorded America's Newsroom as a series each morning at 8 central time. It is one two-hour show.   It was always in the Guide as a two hour show, but now it is in the Guide as TWO separate ONE hour shows.  I have to set up both shows as a series to get the full two hours of the show.    Same thing happens with Varney and Company (359) each morning.  It is a 3 hour show, and I always recorded it as one show from the Guide.  Now is appears in the Guide as THREE one hour shows........and I need to record each as a series to get all three hours. This goes on all day long if any show on 359 or 360  is greater than one hour.   Likewise Cavuto Live on Saturday AM.  It is a two hour show, but now it is two one-hour shows.  Any one hour show in the Guide previously is now two separate one hour shows! This goes on with all of the Fox News  and Fox Business Shows all day it they more than one hour. Again it is ONLY happends on FOX News shows.  This all started about a month ago.  What is the problem here, and when will it be fixed?  

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

2 months ago

Fox provides that Guide Data information, so it's up to them to fix it. 

lgimnich

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for your response.  So, I guess I need to call Directv and complain to them?  Apparently between them and FOX they have changed how they interface with each other.....at the customer's expense.  

lgimnich

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

2 months ago

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

2 months ago

DTV and almost all other TV providers buys the guide data from a third party company that the channels send their guide info to, so Fox is now sending 2 one hour program to the guide maker so you need to program the DVR to record both or setup a manual recording to cover both or pad the end time of the first one.  This has been posted before so it appear Fox is not going to stop sending it as 2 programs.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

2 months ago

@lgimnich 

Fox provides that Guide Data information, so it's up to them to fix it. 

So, I guess I need to call Directv and complain to them?

You switched Fox for DirecTV there. But as additionally mentioned, though complaining to Fox is the direct route, it seems they will keep it as it is so we just have to deal with it.

(edited)

lgimnich

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

2 months ago

I spent a lot of time with DirecTV on this issue after this post and they agree that there must be an issue between THEM and FOX and they have escalated it two more levels and that something has changed.  They agree that I am the customer and it is their responsibility between the two of them to fix it.  YAY!  We shall see what happens and they are going to update me on the resolution. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

2 months ago

Good luck.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

2 months ago

Keep us posted. 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

2 months ago

Good luck with that. Getting calls back from directv is virtually unheard of. 

Whatever you might think, this problem probably has nothing to do with directv. Directv gets the guide info from a third party, who gets it from the channel. Directv has no way of monitoring the guide data for the hundreds (thousands) of channels. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

2 months ago

We shall see what happens and they are going to update me on the resolution. 

I wouldn't bet on that. Historically, they don't proactively update customers on anything. Issue remains until fixed and we customers find out once it is all working as expected.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.