Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

BrianDelaney917's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 31, 2016 6:38 AM

Half of the shows I try to watch on demand I cant

It keeps saying all or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time. Please wait while we scan the recording for viewable content. This is my on demand and I have never personally recorded this show. I have the channels that the shows I watch on demand are on. Is there a solution for this or is this something I'ma have to live with for now?
FWF4100

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I'm going to contact direct tv and talk $$, because I'm getting that channel because I want to stream series that I haven't seen! And you're right, they should be dealing with HBO to resolve the problem, not their customers.
peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 years ago

Is this happening on HBO?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too am having this happen! Super irritating because I'll watch season 1&2 of something, get to season 3 and I can watch one episode, and the rest won't play.

I have been watching girls on HBO, but also Getting On and In Treatment the same thing happened!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is happening to me as well. Yes, with HBO On Demand Series. Movies and Documentaries work just fine. 

I did tweet out to DirecTV and the response I got was that "this is a known problem concerning HBO Servers. Please report the issue to HBO. Happy to help!"

So, I have reached out to HBO on this, but have not gotten a response. I don't really expect to. I would honestly expect DirecTV to have that sort of communication with HBO rather than sending their customers to another outlet for help. I work in IT, I would not ask an end user to reach out to a manufacturer if they are having an issue with one of our servers. I would do that leg work for them. A little disappointed there.  

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

7 years ago

@obriekm wrote:

This is happening to me as well. Yes, with HBO On Demand Series. Movies and Documentaries work just fine. 

I did tweet out to DirecTV and the response I got was that "this is a known problem concerning HBO Servers. Please report the issue to HBO. Happy to help!"

So, I have reached out to HBO on this, but have not gotten a response. I don't really expect to. I would honestly expect DirecTV to have that sort of communication with HBO rather than sending their customers to another outlet for help. I work in IT, I would not ask an end user to reach out to a manufacturer if they are having an issue with one of our servers. I would do that leg work for them. A little disappointed there.  

You can bet that DirecTV is pressuring HBO to get this fixed.  Having customers contact HBO directly will help even more.  It's a long standing problem that should have been fix by now.  

JadedRose

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

7 years ago

Talk $$ to DIRECTV? You do realize On Demand services are free, right?? Yes its an issue, but your normal DIRECTV HBO programming works just fine. Its an ongoing issue, however the On Demand servers are managed and maintained by the broadcaster. In this example: HBO. I would get into contact with them and put some pressure on getting this fixed, once and for all!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having this problem as well....it's been an ongoing issue for WEEKS now.  Directv/ATT are how big of a conglomerate????  Yet the Directv customers are the ones that need to put pressure on HBO?  Yeah, leave it up to neighbor John to fix the HBO problem, he definetely has more clout than Directv and AT&T.  What a joke...

JadedRose

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

7 years ago

You dont think DIRECTV doesnt want them to fix it just as much as we do? Im sure theyre happy with listening to all of us complain nonstop about the issue. Its our job to put pressure on both companies, but DIRECTV can only do as much as HBO will allow.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

No I think it's a joke when directv tells their customers to call HBO.  Customers pay Directv for a service and apparently directv doesn't feel they should be held accountable for those services provided.  Sounds alot like they are "passing the buck".  Is Hillary the CEO at Directv?  Take care of the issue, put out a statement....do something.  Don't just sit on one hand while you are pointing the finger with the other!!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.