Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

joe9simpson's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Mon, Feb 4, 2008 8:48 PM

HD Locals in Tri-Cities, TN or Johnson city Please Help!!

I was wondering if the local hd is coming to the Tri-Cities(Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City) TN. I have hd programming and it is great. But I was wanting the locals in hd. Please help with a answer of some kind. I know there is a new sat going up in spring, but I was wondering if the Tri area was going to be one of the cities. Thanks Joe Simpson
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

15年前

DirecTV does not publish any schedule for HD locals, but generally lower DMA numbers will get HD locals first (since they have more viewers). You are in DMA #91 and so far DirecTV has delivered HD locals to most DMAs down to the 50s. When DirecTV11 is launched (March probably) this will give DirecTV more HD local capability, certainly enough to get to DMA #91, but there's a limit to the number of new DMAs they can add at one time, just the work involved in building the local facility they need to "collect" the local signals and get them to the uplink center. DirecTV might surprise us all but I would not put money on you getting the HD locals before the end of 2008.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15年前

Thanks for replying. That was good to know. I really appreciate the help!!
Are u sure about the end of 2008? Joe
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

15年前

Re read my post. I said that I did NOT think you would get them by the end of 2008.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.