Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

hmngbyrd3919's profile

Contributor

Friday, January 4th, 2019 2:25 PM

I am a customer. I am not happy with you having the Bill Cosby show on

You are showing the Bill Cosby show, He is a convicted  offender and predator. I am not at all happy about that. I think you should dis-continue his show. I think this is a valid reason, should I choose to cancel my contract with you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

4 years ago

contact the station running the show

directv has no control over programming

any provider you find with that same station will have the show

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

758 Messages

4 years ago

@hmngbyrd3919 wrote:

...I think this is a valid reason, should I choose to cancel my contract with you

You would think wrong. 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

4 years ago

This is not a valid reason.

If the program is on lets say the XYZ network, then every satellite or cable channel showing the XYZ network will have the same shows.

You can always remove the "XYZ" network from your favorites list but then you won't see any of the programming. Or you can write to the network and complain but I doubt they will do anything.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

4 years ago

@hmngbyrd3919 wrote:

You are showing the Bill Cosby show, He is a convicted  offender and predator. I am not at all happy about that. I think you should dis-continue his show. I think this is a valid reason, should I choose to cancel my contract with you

1. TV provider controls the content on their channel, not DirecTV or any other TV provider. This is why the content on one channel is the same no matter what provider you view it on.

2. An individual being charged of a crime regardless of conviction status does not mean that any show they were on, or even a big part of, is required to be removed. Otherwise that would kill a lot of TV.

3. If you choose to cancel pay TV over a single show that is your right. But keep in mind that is probably all pay TV, and possibly even your local OTA channels, depending on what network carries the show.

4. Though reason may be valid for why you choose to cancel, it will not waive any early cancellation fee (ECF) if your account has time left on a service agreement.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.