Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

jerryb33's profile
jerryb33
#1 Star!
Solution finder!
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

Sat, Apr 15, 2017 3:44 PM

interference on local channels

I'm at zip code 14218 south buffalo and lackawanna ny.

Between 8pm and 10pm randomly, about once a week. I receive a breakup of my picture. It last for 5 to 10 seconds three or four times an hour on my recordings. It is not a DTV problem but "over the air" problem. It occurs on Channel 4 (wibvtv). I do record OTA to my computer and usually watch it that way.  

I use DTV for backup and misses.  When I catch the breakup I check DTV recording and the breakup is also there, meaning (I think) DTV is also receiving the breakup from the station and not the cause.

My questions are:

Does anyone else see these breakups in the general zipcode, 14218 etc?

Is there someone else I can contact about this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

6 years ago

For station-specific issues like this it's best to contact the station's engineering manager.  Contact information can usually be found on their web site.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

jerryb33

I'm curious if you found an answer to your problem.  I'm an editor/producer for a local station in Seattle and I have a viewer with a very similar problem.  Our station can monitor the feed sent out and we see no interruption, but this viewer is losing the signal once or twice a night between 8 and 10pm.  He had it happen when he was on Comcast and now it's doing it on DirectTV.  Our station records our signal as it's fed back to us by Comcast and when I look at it, don't see the interruption.  Our engineer suggests that the viewer might be picking up an RF signal.

If you found anything that worked, please let me know.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Checkers909, I'm in Seattle and could possibly help you.  You can send me a private message via this forum if you want me to record both your off-air and DirecTV satellite feeds.  

There is current an issue with DirecTV's satellite signal on some local stations, especially KING, KIRO and KSTW, including intermittent pixelation and audio dropouts. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.