Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 22nd, 2022 2:13 AM

keep watching with broadband option forced to activate when watching sports 219, 245, 247

this issue just started on live sports programs when do not have any satellite issues on other channels or on the sport channels at other times during the day. seems like something directv is doing as otherwise i have no issue with other shows and programs with dish and receiver. also checked and impacted the 700 sports for nhl that is free. I therefore have no use of functions like pause ff and rew in streaming mode.  i first noticed when tried to dvr sports programs and did not record as says satellite signal loss. i have reset receiver with no change or improvement. what is going on with this streaming problem. i have not cutoff internet to force satellite only signal option

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

4 months ago

This is most likely happening because of weak satellite reception. Check your satellite signal readings and post the results back here. You may need to call DirecTV for a dish alignment service. 

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

all satellite signals 88 or greater mostly 90s.

update taped phillies padres game ch 219 and did not because satellite signal issue so tuned live and forced me to broadband to watch. so no pause rew or ff capable which (Edited per community guidelines). then in postgame a miracle happened as screen froze so toggle channels up and down and wow back on satellite feed for same channel. so (Edited per community guidelines) directv why doing this to us.

(edited)

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

4 months ago

Are those from the 99/103 sats?

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

4 months ago

Once you lose signal (weather) related or blocked signal --and your given the choice to continue to Stream to watch --Once you select that option --It will stream from that channel -forever-. 

The only way is to check after a while by exiting the stream and then checking the sat channel. (When the weather has cleared).

Long before Once the Signal was lost --You lost the show period! -at least today you may have a choice as long as the content from that channel can be streamed 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

4 months ago

DirecTV is not "doing this" to you. There is either a technical issue, or a intermittent signal issue, resulting in the programming switching to streaming from On Demand as a backup.

As for no REW/FF, that is because more and more networks treat On Demand just like if you got it from their owned website. Since it does not come from the satellite signal at that point, then the networks have a loophole to lock out those controls (and force commercials if there are any during that program). Again, it is not DirecTV doing that to you as they cannot override that restriction from the networks. Personally, I wish the FCC or such would step in and close that loophole as though not from the satellite equipment it is still through DirecTV equipment and service and not through a 3rd party app or device.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I’m having this same issue. What’s funny is that it’s basically my localchannels. So I have to use my internet data at 900mb an hour because Directv is having a random signal issue on 4 to 5 channels? 

(edited)

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

2 months ago

If you're having any "random signal issues" then it's likely your dish alignment needs to be optimized. Only the worst weather events should trigger the streaming feature. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.