Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

lose2win's profile
lose2win
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, August 28th, 2011 3:49 AM

KXTV 10 ABC - Sacramento Local HD Problems

Anybody have any issues with the Nascar broadcast tonight 8/27 or during any other ABC national broadcast primetime shows during the past months?  Specifically audio and video dropouts, pixelation, studdering picture, and AV sync problems?  This seems to be a regular occurrence

Anybody outside of Sacramento area?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Seems this problem is not just with direct tv... I polled my Facebook friends and it is with the high def channel. This is an issue for me since directv only broadcasts channel 10 in high def... I am very annoyed and am missing my favorite shows!!! Channel 10, please fix this!!!!
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

11 years ago

You should write to channel 10 about it...if the problems exists with other providers, then it isn't the DirecTv encoders.

ymorgan

Scholar

• 

339 Messages

11 years ago

I have had HDTV for a long time and live in Los Angeles area and ABC which is channel 7 locally has the worse reception of any of the local networks, in my opinion. When I first got HD, I went so far as to put antenna in a 40 foot tree and I have direct line of sight of Mt. Wilson, about 20 miles away, where the towers are located for the local stations and ABC is always poorest of quality and so is DIRECTV broadcast of it.  I ALWAYS HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR,  WHEN NASCAR GOES TO ABC TO BROADCAST.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

11 years ago

Since DirecTV retransmits the off-air signal, it will be "garbage in, garbage out"...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Time for Directv to fix this issue.  Maybe time to switch back to cable.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

11 years ago

Why do you think DirecTV can fix this? See post #17 above. The problem is apparently not just with DirecTV...

CaJazzman51

Scholar

• 

320 Messages

11 years ago

As I've stated in previous postings, I live in the Sacramento viewing area (Vacaville), and I'm having no issues, what so ever with ABC,CBS,etc...I've been with Directv over 10 + yrs, and never have any issues. I see that some are having some type of issue, but if most are not having these issues, then by common sense would say there is something wrong your setup. Like a clear view of the sky, with no obstructions, etc...

Quote: Originally Posted by texasbrit 

Why do you think DirecTV can fix this? See post #17 above. The problem is apparently not just with DirecTV...

lose2win

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

I am in Vacaville as well.  I have a clear view of the sky and good signal strengths.  Do you have a SD or HD setup?  There seems to be no issue with the SD signal, only the HD signal.  News10 and Directv have already admitted there is a problem, so the problem does exist.  If you have no issues with the signal then that is a good thing.  For those of us who have issues, they are still ongoing.   

CaJazzman51

Scholar

• 

320 Messages

11 years ago

lose2win, I see your over on the other side of Vacaville. I have the HD setup, and as I said, it's beautiful. No issues what so ever. I just can't understand how mine is so perfect yet, yours is not?

lose2win

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Me either.  The issues are not constant but every program has at least one audio and/or video drop out.  At the worst times, the issues last for 30-45 seconds.  I have had other issues during live sporting events where the audio and video is not synced and the picture frame rate is slow.    

It will get fixed eventually.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

11 years ago

This is nearly always caused by a subtle problem with the signal that often the station does not see, and when looking at the off-air signal some tuners don't have a problem and others do. In this case, it seems the DirecTv encoders have a problem with the signal, and some TVs apparently also do.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I live in the foothills east of Sacramento and have been experiencing the same broadcast quality problem with KXTV for several weeks now. It's happening as I write this; the pixelation and audio dropouts are such that the channel is virtually unwatchable. I called DirecTV and the customer service rep "Kimberly" could only offer that it was a known problem with channels 6 (KVIE), 10 (KXTV) and 13 (KOVR) and wouldn't go as far as blaming the station(s) but said that it was a problem coming from the broadcast center, I believe she called it, that it was a known problem and it was being worked on. I've only seen the problem on KXTV.

I'm sorry, but with the technology available they (DirecTV or KXTV) should be able to diagnose and fix the problem in far less time than the several weeks it's been going on. I for one will be asking DirecTV for a credit based on the number of weeks the problem has been there. I'm not paying $130/month for horrible quality on a station I watch / record a lot of. C'mon KXTV and DirecTV, FIX YOUR $h!# !!!!!
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

11 years ago

KXTV posted this at the beginning of April, but as far as I know has not given an update since then.

QUOTE:

There are recurring technical problems with the News10 (KXTV) signal for subscribers to the DirecTV Satellite system.  There are no problems with the News10 signal for viewers who watch us over the air or on any of the other cable and satellite services.  Engineers from KXTV have been working with DirecTV to identify and solve the problem.   We are sorry for the inconvenience to our viewers.  Rest assured that News10 is making every effort to resolve this unfortunate situation.

UNQUOTE

I think KOVR uses the same transmitter but I don't know if that is relevant.

lose2win

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Once again this week on tuesday's dancing with the stars the audio and picture was terrible every 5-10 seconds. Other programming from that night off the same dvr on different channels was just fine. I wish directv and news10 would find a solution to this problem.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

11 years ago

Since it is only one program that's a big clue. I would have thought the problem would have  been identified and fixed by now.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.