Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

teetertotter's profile
teetertotter
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!
ACE - Teacher

ACE - Teacher

• 

236 Messages

Fri, Oct 15, 2021 1:29 PM

Local Stations Sound & Picture Freeze Every 5 Seconds

I have a HR44-700 DTV Satellite Receiver.  Yesterday, my picture and sound would freeze up every 5 seconds for all the local channels ONLY.  The Certified HDMI cable from the Directv receiver goes into my Denon AVR eARC and HDMI cable goes out to the eARC on the TV.  The Denon AVR sends the sound to 5 speakers and one subwoofer.

The solution was to unplug the Certified HDMI cable from the DTV Satellite Receiver and from the Denon AVR.  Then plug back in the HDMI. 

Prior, I had done the usual Directv Satellite Receiver reset, which did not resolve the issue.   So, it goes to show you, that even with Certified HDMI cables, there could be a connection issues over time.  That particular Certified HDMI cable is only 10 months old and the new upgraded Denon AVR, 2 months old.  

This sound and picture freezing was resolved too, on the other 2 TV's with wireless clients.  I thought I would post for informational purposes.  Check the, "Connections."

Directv Satellite HD w Ultimate pkg + AT&T DSL 108Mbps to House.  Home Theatre.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
No Responses!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.