Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

N

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 11:53 PM

Hi. I am trying to use my log in credentials to access the Bally sports app and I am getting this message on my streaming channels, iPhone and iPad: "There is an issue playing this video, either you are not entitled to this content or there is an error playing it. Please contact support."

Bally Sports has provided many instructions that have not yet worked. Looking for some support on this.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

736 Messages

Il y a 1 a

Do you get the RSN channel on DIRECTV that you're trying to watch on the App?

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 1 a

Yes. I do have the channel on my Directv service.

• 

12 Messages

Il y a 8 m

Was anything ever figured out with this?  I am having this exact problem right now. I do have the RSN on my plan. Can watch games at the house on the tv no problem. Can log into other networks apps and watch shows or games, but not with Bally Sports. I submitted a request with them, they gave me some options to try, tried them and nothing worked. I responded to them with that information and they never responded back. 

• 

1 Message

Il y a 6 m

Any luck with this issue? I’m experiencing the same thing that @JShurtz92 @described…

• 

1 Message

Il y a 6 m

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue!! Have contacted Ballysports and all they could offer were elementary troubleshooting resolutions. None of them worked. I have the RSN channel in the directv package yet will not let me stream. 

• 

4 Messages

Il y a 3 m

Did anyone ever get this issues resolved? I’m experience this exact issue.

• 

12 Messages

Il y a 3 m

I did get mine figured out. It wasn’t anything on DirecTV’s end. Bally Sports support team had to update my viewer ID access. To get your viewer ID, log in with your directv information as your normally would, go to the account settings page, underneath where it says directv you will see viewer ID and a long random bunch of numbers, letters, and symbols. But even once you have that you need to be in contact with their support team via Account/Support/Help/Help Center then scroll to the bottom where it says Email Us, select Technical Issue, fill out all boxes then send. They will eventually email you back.  When they do they start with the normal steps to uninstall/reinstall and other (Edited per community guidelines) you’ve already done.  Just send them that Viewer ID right off the bat and tell them to look it up and fix the problem. I dont know if you can just email their support team without going through the help center, but if you want to try the email I got from them was sent from support@ballysports.zendesk.com

I also included a link to a screenshot of the viewer ID Location 

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0behbj04h1ddYQR8osIZjg6Bg

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

Il y a 3 m

thank you so much! I did get in contact with them already and got to the point where they asked for that, but once I sent that they just said they would be working on the issue and that was it. I kind of assumed they were just brushing me off and weren’t going to actually do anything. Kind of sounds like that they might actually be able to fix it. 

thanks for the quick reply!

• 

12 Messages

Il y a 3 m

Not a problem! And yeah when I gave them the ID they said they would be working on it. Think I heard back a couple hours later, maybe the next day, and they said to log out of everything and log back in and it should be good, and it was. 

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 2 m

I am having this same issue.  After over an hour of them asking me to do different things, they asked for the IP address of my wifi router, and basically told me that because my router IP address is in Ohio, but I live in KY, that is why I can't watch live sports on the app.  That sounded ridiculous to me.  Our internet provider is out of Ohio, but services KY, OH and Indiana, so it makes no sense to me that that has anything to do with it.  I have her my viewer ID and told her what I read on this blog, and she said that they could temporarily fix my Viewer ID to resolve the issue, but that after a week I would have the same problem again unless I get my internet provider to change my IP address to match the state I'm located in.  I told them to do their "fix" of my Bally Viewer ID anyway and go from there.....they said give it 24 hours and that they would email me when it was done.  Does this make sense to anyone?  So frustrating!!!

• 

4 Messages

Il y a 2 m

Did them changing the viewer id actually work? I have told them multiple times that I think it is kyan viewer id and haven’t had any success. I guess I need to actually call them. 

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 2 m

I just talked to them earlier today and they said it would take about 24 hours to make their change and that they would email me when it was completed, so I’m still waiting

• 

4 Messages

Il y a 1 m

@vickiejhuber did you ever have any luck? Mine still isn’t working and I just keep getting the run around

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 1 j

How to watch Bally Sports on DirecTV.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.