Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

2BeeorNot's profile
2BeeorNot
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 3:02 AM

More Direct TV Problems

I have always watched Dancing with the Stars....tonight I get the message that the channel is no longer available to me.  WHY?  The message indicated that if we were not receiving the program in error to reset the receiver, which we did, but still cannot watch the program.  It seems that Direct TV is just one bad experience after another.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

5 years ago

396 is the DNS channel. National feed only available with waiver or RV account. Check www.directv.com/locals to verify the correct channel.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

5 years ago

What is the exact error message on screen, including any code showing?

What channel are you trying to watch?

What is your programming package?

2BeeorNot

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

The show I recorded was Dancing with the Stars, Season 26  Episode 4, Channel 396 ABCeHD.  It recorded at 7:00 PM, Mon 05/21/18 and indicated a full record.  When I clicked PLAY I got the following message:

All  or part of this program did not record.  The channel wasn't in your package during broadcast (721) Channel not purchased.  There was a More Info option, which I selected and got the following message:If you already subscribed to a package that includes this channel, the channel may have not been in your programming package during the scheduled record time.  To order a package with this channel go to DirectTV.com or call customer service.

When I select upcoming showings, I am directed to watch On Demand Channel 1007 ABC.  When I click Watch, I get the same messages as above.  We have watched this program for a very long time and never had any problem.  We have the ULTIMATE package (all included), HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, & CINEMAX.

2BeeorNot

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

Not sure why, but my reply to you was placed above your reply to me...

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

5 years ago

That is the national feed that only RV accounts get or you have a waver from your local ABC station.

2BeeorNot

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

When I originally recorded the next Dancing with the Stars, as I have done for a couple of years,  the channel was then and had been fully functional and available.  So, what changed?  I appreciate your response, but it does not explain why I suddenly cannot view this program, but can record it.  Once again, more DirectTV problems that are not explained.  At this point in time, the AT&T/DirectTV connection has never been a good one.  I will be changing internet and TV.  Both are for my pleasure - not problems and frustration.

2BeeorNot

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

I went to  www.directv.com/locals  and it shows that channel 16 (WAPT) ABC is the correct channel.  It is the channel that I scheduled for the next show.  So, how did I end up with it being recorded to  396?  I am paying for this nonsense.  Ugh!

2BeeorNot

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

Okay, here are the facts:

I contacted WAPT 16 (ABC).  Boy, did they give me an ear full.  Apparently, all shows were converted to this 396 channel with DirectTV new update.  These shows are still suppose to be recorded on channel 16.  Also, their On Demand channel 1007 ABC will have the recent shows that were screwed up, within days.  I just checked for the missed shows and one of them was on there.  WAPT was furious and assured me that legal action was pending.   He said, that AT&T/DirectTV is well aware of the mistake, but are not addressing it with their customers.  I do not want to do business with people like this.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

5 years ago

You can record any channel. Just depends if in your service or not if it has an error over the recording.

Your local ABC is what you would use. ABC On Demand only allows content that ABC chooses, but the On Demand channel (library) is covered as you have ABC to begin with.

As for the national DNS feed of ABC recording, that might be a carry over of their "binge watching" feature. Where you schedule a recording from search, and it records from all channels that have the program, whether you have the exact channel or not in your service. If recording is scheduled directly from the guide it should not experience this issue. I would also suggest setting up a favorites list to hide any channel you are not permitted to use in your setup, and any you may not watch anyway, just in case.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.