Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Disneybonnie's profile

Mentor

Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 8:54 PM

Possibly Losing DirectTV Channels - ABC, ESPN, DISNEY and others

This is beyond frustrating and must stop. Today across the bottom of my TV a message explained how DirectTV may lose ABC, ESPN, Disney, Freeform and others. It is crazy that us customers may possibly lose channels we watch daily. We just went through this 2 months ago with CBS and other channels we watch. DirectTV needs to do something to make this stop before losing the channels or we will be forced to take our business elsewhere where the company fights for their customers. Ridiculous!!

4 years ago

Is Direct TV CXLING ESPN, ABC, etc...  

4 years ago

People need to write there congressman and senator and ask them about this being a breach of contract and let customers out of their agreements. This is becoming a common theme with AT&T and by not living up to their commitment to provide service that customers pay for monthly this is absurd!!

4 years ago

You really think you are going to get a refund! I wouldn’t count on it.

4 years ago

Absolutely!!  I will be pulling all of my cellphones, Uverse, DirectTV out of my house today if we lose these channels for even one day!!

Contributor

4 years ago

I love football season! I wait for the dead zone to end over the long hot summer months. Per my request, my husband has ordered Sunday Tickets every year for the past 8 years. We pay extra for that.

We just changed our line up to include the ACC Network. We paid extra to have the SEC Network.

If this company will no longer provide ESPN and their sponsored channels, we will change providers immediately. 

Tutor

4 years ago

If the price increases it still won't be as much as I was paying Comcast.  AT&T can afford to pay DIRECTV to keep ABC & other channels.  If they reach an agreement with Disney we won't lose those channels.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I just read on another site that an AT$T CSR said we will lose ESPN and Disney at midnight tonight. 

Tutor

4 years ago

If AT&T doesn't come to an agreement with Disney we'll lose ABC and other Disney owned channels. That will be the end of ALL of our AT&T business. Our wireless along with DirecTV NOW. I'm tired of the high wireless bills. I'm also tired of high cable bills, which is why we switched to AT&T DirecTV NOW. 

AT&T is a leach. I feel they should be responsible to their customers wishes! It is in their court as to how many customers they are willing to lose!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@wharracoop wrote:

WPNY Utica NY channel 21 on Directv just disappeared in Aug, I was told it was part of the Nextstar block Now that Nextstar has been renegotiated, I was expecting this channel to be returned. It is now the Middle of September and that channel is still not back. Can anyone tell what is going on, is the channel coming back or not? It does not even show in the channel listing anymore!!! 

WPNY is owned by Nexstar Media Group. So it should be working now that negotiations have completed. Try a red button reset of the receiver, or even www.directv.com/refresh to refresh the service authorizations. If that doesn't work, then post more details (equipment, error messages, etc) in a separate thread as that would be a technical issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Auburngrl1 wrote:

I heard that AT&T and Direct TV will be dropping ESPN, ESPN2 and the SEC Network,  I have the Ultimate package and need to know if these channels are no longer going to be showing on my satellite. 

You don't need the Ultimate package for those channels. In fact with the changes to other channels in recent years, the main benefit of Ultimate is getting the Encore channels included instead of adding them on separately. ESPN and ESPN2 only need Entertainment, SEC the package above that which is Choice. So Ultimate is 2 levels higher than what is needed for all 3 of those channels.

It is not that AT&T/DirecTV are dropping the channels. If a new agreement is not reached by the time the current one ends, then the owner of the channel can choose to pull it from DirecTV until a new agreement is reached.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Tiger1970 wrote:

People need to write there congressman and senator and ask them about this being a breach of contract and let customers out of their agreements. This is becoming a common theme with AT&T and by not living up to their commitment to provide service that customers pay for monthly this is absurd!!

There is no breach of contract. Since TV providers do not own the channels, and as such cannot force them to always be there, each of them has a clause in their terms of service stating that programming/channels may change at any time. A congressman may be one to write to for advocating change in FCC regulations, but certainly not to dispute a contract/service agreement.

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Voyager

4 years ago

I understand we are going to lose our local ABC and all ESPN and Disney channels this weekend. If that happens, AT&T has lost us as U-verse customers. We will keep the gigabit internet since there is no alternative, but will cancel TV service immediately.

This is insane to take away 95% of the programming our family watches exactly when we need it most. U-verse TV, you literally had one job. And you’re blowing it!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Ritaw96 wrote:

If you insist on this confrontation with Disney and leave your long- term Directv subscribers in the lurch, you will force us to find other tv providers.  I highly resent being a pawn in your dispute with Disney.  I refuse to participate in your dispute.  I will cancel my membership to Directv and go back to cable - which I left at least 15 years ago or more for Diectv.  Fix this NOW!

Would you volunteer to pay the increased rate that Disney/ESPN want to make up for the many other subscribers that don't want these giants affecting our bills more then they already have? Well when channels pull their feed from a TV provider (which is their right) to hardball negotiations, at that point they (the channel owner) are using the customer as a "pawn" to use as leverage against the TV provider. The TV provider can negotiate for minimizing any rate increase (ideally no raise or better yet lowering it but cost of everything has gone up over the years so not realistic), or they can simply cave and allow a much higher rate hike to increase our bill.

Contributor

4 years ago

I'm hearing some disturbing news about Walt Disney channels such as freeform, ABC & etc maybe discontinued. I'm not sure what the issue is but I hope it does not happen & affect my service (I've been a faithful customer for years)because I would hate to take my business elsewhere. This will be bad for business. I just hope this issue can be resolved. Bad enough I lost the chiller station awhile back & stuck around. Even when channel kyw 3 & wpsg 57 was disconnected I stayed & the situation was resolved. I just hope this issue get resolved before it gets terminated because I will not be able to stay if the Walt Disney Channels are discontinued

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

4 years ago

The contract is up so if DTV doesn't pay them what they want to renew it then Disney will remove the feed.  So how much more do you want to pay to keep them?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.