Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Disneybonnie's profile

Mentor

Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 8:54 PM

Possibly Losing DirectTV Channels - ABC, ESPN, DISNEY and others

This is beyond frustrating and must stop. Today across the bottom of my TV a message explained how DirectTV may lose ABC, ESPN, Disney, Freeform and others. It is crazy that us customers may possibly lose channels we watch daily. We just went through this 2 months ago with CBS and other channels we watch. DirectTV needs to do something to make this stop before losing the channels or we will be forced to take our business elsewhere where the company fights for their customers. Ridiculous!!

Contributor

5 years ago

If ESPN is removed then I for one will be taking my business elsewhere along with probably at least half the other people who have DirecTV. That is really the only reason for paying ridiculously high priced satellite bills anymore with everyone streaming everything else they want to watch. Please just resolve this issue no matter what I don't want to have to go through switching providers but it will be a must without sec football. People are paying a higher bill specifically for that so we are doing our part and will continue to do our part so please just do your part and reach an agreement like every other provider.

Contributor

5 years ago

I for one would pay a little more if I absolutely had to but I am already paying extra for it anyway. If you don't want it and want your bill lower just don't add it but for people who love football and have children that love Disney it should be their choice if they want it or want to pay extra to keep it. It's a choice we've already made by paying extra for it in the first place.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

And yet, even in your attempted claims to be taking the high road, you will go right on taking our money for channels that we'll no longer receive. Last I heard ESPN alone was around $8.00 a month. In the real world you can be sued for that.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

5 years ago

You agreed to binding arbitration and the clause states that channels and programs are subject to change at anytime so legally DTV doesn't have to provide refunds/credits. 

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

And I don't have to remain as a customer as AT$T is not the only game in town. I don't care who gets my money as the channels are all the same, but AT$T will definitely care when enough of us leave in addition to the many thousands, if not, millions who already have. Sooner than later the well's going to run dry.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.8K Messages

5 years ago

All providers have this problem so moving is a short term fix and all providers have the same clauses.

5 years ago

Shannon-Ace,
Both conglomerate’s make PLENTY of money. Neither is going in the poor house anytime soon. If you can’t come to an agreement wether it’s $5-$10 a month more or not, Direct TV will be the loser in this household. My cell phone’s, iPads, ear buds, and TV are all through ATT/DirectTV. I pay for NFL Sunday ticket as well as ALL Sports and movie packages. I don’t mind paying what I pay now. What I do mind is being told that I may lose MOST of what I watch less than a week before it happens. Don’t try to make it out that DIRECT TV is only looking out for the consumer.

Contributor

5 years ago

After loosing then the return of channels in August a new loss of channels will  have me change to Comcast.  I prefer not to change, but this is unacceptable.  Since we are bundled we would change everything for both houses!  Seriously how are you going to fix this?

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Directv and AT$T  only care about Directv and AT$T. If the Disney company gives Directv a break on what they charge Directv will still raise the rates. 

Contributor

5 years ago

Ok I have been a Direct TV subscriber since it was RCA Satellite (in the 90's)---I even have the original instructions---Now I find that Direct TV is getting just like the cable companies---Consumer support is getting so bad that it is causing me to look at other services----I am giving Direct Tv notice that if I lose ESPN or any more channels that I am paying for i will start looking at other services---    

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Doesn’t matter. Directv will raise the rate regardless.

• 

1.7K Messages

5 years ago

We're living on borrowed time. From Cordcutters News:

"Cord Cutters News has confirmed that AT&T and Disney originally reached a short-term deal to extend ESPN On AT&T until 9:00 a.m. Eastern. Now 9:00 a.m. Eastern has come and gone and ESPN is still on DirecTV. according to reports, a second short-term extension has been reached but no word on for how long.

Update: AT&T has confirmed to Cord Cutters News that talks are still going on today between Disney and AT&T to reach a new long-term deal. Still no word on exactly how long this second short-term extension will last.

This blackout would have includes Disney owned channels like Freeform and the Disney Channel as well as ABC locals WABC Channel 7, KABC Channel 7, WTVD ABC 11, KGO ABC 7, KTRK ABC 13, KFSN ABC 30, WLS ABC 7, and WPVI ABC 6."

5 years ago

If we lose these channels I will drop direct tv and go elsewhere I love espn and cbs and my grandchildren come over they like Disney so please work something out and keep our channels !!!!

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

5 years ago

thank you directv

please negotiate a rate with espn/disney that will not raise my rate.

this is already the most expensive bundle in cable tv today.

make the a premium channel so those that want them can keep them, for the $20 a month they will want.

i can live without them, especially if it lowers my price

keep up the fight, do not give in!

Contributor

5 years ago

First when I signed up for service over 2 years ago, I was told by sales rep that my service would not be over $100 and it is. Second I went through 2-3 months of no CBS even though I was paying for programming. I tolerated that. Now I see advertisements on ESPN while watching Saturday college football that more programming that I am paying for including ESPN may be turned off even though I am paying for these channels and programming. This may be it for me. If this happens I may be out and switch to another provider. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.