Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Disneybonnie's profile

Mentor

Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 8:54 PM

Possibly Losing DirectTV Channels - ABC, ESPN, DISNEY and others

This is beyond frustrating and must stop. Today across the bottom of my TV a message explained how DirectTV may lose ABC, ESPN, Disney, Freeform and others. It is crazy that us customers may possibly lose channels we watch daily. We just went through this 2 months ago with CBS and other channels we watch. DirectTV needs to do something to make this stop before losing the channels or we will be forced to take our business elsewhere where the company fights for their customers. Ridiculous!!

5 years ago

I would pay an extra few bucks if I got the ACC network as well.

I'm off contact, so it's more about how much money is att willing to lose from many customers dropping.

Dropping NFL mildly irked me, but I only watch it 12 times a year or so. Losing ESPN and not carrying the Acc network  pretty much means I'll cut the cord.

I mean, it's obvious to me when I have a gig pipe coming into my house to see these lowsy overcompressed streams that they don't care much about Uverse anyways.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@TiffanyK wrote:

First when I signed up for service over 2 years ago, I was told by sales rep that my service would not be over $100 and it is. Second I went through 2-3 months of no CBS even though I was paying for programming. I tolerated that. Now I see advertisements on ESPN while watching Saturday college football that more programming that I am paying for including ESPN may be turned off even though I am paying for these channels and programming. This may be it for me. If this happens I may be out and switch to another provider. 

Go ahead and switch. Just be prepared to switch again when your next provider goes through the same contract hassles. 

Contributor

5 years ago

I keep seeing a scroll at bottom of page on my TV to call a phone number to keep Disney ch, along with local ch.

13 ABC, Houston.

Apparently there is a reason for consumers to call this number.

However I haven't been able to capture the  number.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. TYIA.

ACE - Professor

• 

129 Messages

5 years ago

@gps244 

The number was because the contract between Disney (ESPN) and AT&T was going to expire. It's believed that it was supposed to expire before 9am ET Saturday. People were supposed to call the number to be connected to AT&T to put pressure on low-level call center employees.

However... A series of short-term agreements were reached and it's believed (as of early this AM) that a new, long-term contract is real close.

I believe the number has since been deactivated.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/crisis-averted-signs-point-to-a-att-and-disney-carriage-deal-keeping-espn-on-directv-and-other-att-platforms.html

Contributor

5 years ago

I just posted something earlier about channel I am subject to losing. Disney ch.,Local ch.13

ABC. There has been a scroll on tv,about a number I should call to protest, however I have not been able to capture it. A by one that could give me the number, would be appreciated.

TIA

Contributor

5 years ago

Ty , for the information.

Have a great day.

Contributor

5 years ago

Why can't we "pick and choose" the networks we want? There must be over 150 channels I never watch but I want ESPN sports. I still have to pay for all the garbage but I won't see what I really want. Count me out if this happens. I will get another provider even though I have everything bundled through ATT. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

@nevadarny wrote:

Why can't we "pick and choose" the networks we want? There must be over 150 channels I never watch but I want ESPN sports. I still have to pay for all the garbage but I won't see what I really want. Count me out if this happens. I will get another provider even though I have everything bundled through ATT. 

Because the channels require themselves to be packaged to the TV providers. Disney/ESPN, Viacom, etc. own multiple channels so they do not allow al-a-carte to make sure all of their channels are paid for. So going to another provider (Dish, Comcast, Cableone, etc.) will not solve this problem as they all deal with packages.

ESPN is in most packages so you don't need a very high one just for that. Depends what else you watch.

ESPN, ESPN2: Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Preferred Xtra, Ultimate, Premier.

ESPNU, ESPNews: Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premier

ESPN Classic: Sports Pack

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

For the last few days AT&T and Disney have been in talks over a new contract for Disney-owned channels on AT&T TV, AT&T TV NOW, U-verse TV, and DIRECTV. Now it looks like a new deal may have been reached. This means subscribers to AT&T’s services won’t lose Disney owned channels and Disney owned ABC affiliates including WABC Channel 7, KABC Channel 7, WTVD ABC 11, KGO ABC 7, KTRK ABC 13, KFSN ABC 30, WLS ABC 7, and WPVI ABC 6.

Update: Reports are this may not be a perniment deal but a long-term extension to give both sides time to finalize a deal. No official announcement has been made about Disney and AT&T’s talks at this time.

Last night Disney stopped airing ads warning that ESPN and other Disney-owned channels could go dark on AT&T’s TV services. The website for the possible blackout also removed any mention of the blackout. AT&T and Disney have yet to make any official announcement but it is starting to look like a deal has been reached to keep Disney-owned networks on AT&T’s AT&T TV, AT&T TV NOW, U-verse TV, and DIRECTV.

This is breaking news we will post more as we learn more.

Contributor

5 years ago

Now thanks to you being unable to resolve your contract issues with Raycom I cannot see the Sunday night football game and other sporting events on channel 8. I am not going to continue to pay you more than 700.00 dollars a month for mt two subscriptions if this is how you treat your customers.

When will this be resolved?

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

5 years ago

When Raycom returns the feed by either signing the contract or being nice while they continue to talk.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Fatcow wrote:

Now thanks to you being unable to resolve your contract issues with Raycom I cannot see the Sunday night football game and other sporting events on channel 8. I am not going to continue to pay you more than 700.00 dollars a month for mt two subscriptions if this is how you treat your customers.

When will this be resolved?

Ok so it would treat you better to cave to Raycom's rate hike and just increase your bill accordingly? If that only affected you I would say go ahead. But as local channel rate hikes affect all customers since we are not charged based on our specific locals, I would rather they continue negotiating to get a fair cost.

Plug in a antenna to get the free broadcast. It will be resolved when Raycom returns the feed, which is unlikely to happen until a new carriage agreement is reached. It is a two-way street so Raycom is holds responsibility in this as well.

Contributor

5 years ago

Dont lose my ESPN CHs or you lose a customer, quick,fast, and in a hurry!

Contributor

5 years ago

Where can I find updates on potentially losing the ESPN and Disney channels

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

5 years ago

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.