Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 1:16 AM

Closed

registering a complaint

I realize Covid has greatly affected all areas of our economy and society. As a customer of Farm Bureau insurance, they early on sent their customers rebates of 40% of their premium because vehicles weren't being driven as much as normally. Covid has greatly impacted your programming in that customers paid for sports packages when there were no sports, and now that new programming is not available as usual, you are rerunning the same programs repeatedly and yet charging the normal service fee.  You call it "encore" viewing. Please consider that while you cannot change the fact that new programs are not being produced, you are doing your customers a great disservice by continuing to charge them the normal rate and not offering normal programming. A rebate  would be appropriate and the fair thing to do.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

1 y ago

DTV nor any other TV provider have any control over that a channel does with their programming or how many times they rerun it and since they are still providing programing they demand to be paid, The sports pack can be canceled at anytime but RSNs are still providing programing so still are being paid.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

1 y ago

TV providers must continue to charge per their agreements with all the networks. There is no guarantee of what kind of programming is on any given channel. So as long as there is programming on the RSNs, then the RSN fee stays. Only if the networks, or RSN/sports leagues provide any adjustments will TV providers do so in turn.

A rebate is desirable for us customers. But realistically it will not be provided. At least not so long as all those channels are still charging the normal rates.

5 m ago

[EDITED] no longer an AT&T customer. You dunned me this past bill. It went well over $300.00. When I cancelled just cellular your agent wasn't very helpful and stated a disconnect charge would be added. I've never heard of that before. So now I'm not an AT&T customer at all; neither TV, Internet or Cellular. Enjoy the few extra dollars and say goodbye to a 30+ year customer. Is that the way you want to conduct business. If so, good luck and goodbye. [EDITED per Community Guidelines]

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

5 m ago

@nkcker3619 

If you have a service agreement then you would have an early cancellation fee (ECF) valued at $20 for each month remaining. DirecTV service agreements come from upgrades of equipment (including adding an additional TV), Movers order, and some special 12 or 24 month discounts.

In any case, 'we' didn't do anything to you. This is a public forum of other customers. So your "goodbye" is the same as yelling it in the middle of the street. And this thread ended a year ago so will be CLOSED.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.