Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

jnitta's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Dec 6, 2013 3:24 PM

Setting up Yamaha receiver with Directv for surround sound?

I am trying to set up surround sound with a new Yamaha AV receiver and Directv. I have run an HDMI cable from the Directv box to the input for the receiver. Then I have run an output HDMI cable to the television. I don't get any picture. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the set up? Also, what settings do the receiver and television need to be on? Any thoughts would be helpful at this point! Thanks!

Responses

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

8 y ago

There should be an input selector on your av reciever just match it up

To the input you plugged the directv

Reciever into.

Then on your tv make sure you are matched with the input from av to

Tv with the tvs input selection

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

Thank you for the quick response. So when you say "match it up" I'm not quite sure what you mean. I have run one of the HDMI cables for the directv box to the Yamaha's HDMI input. Then from there do I use the "select" button to choose HDMI or AV?

The on the TV I just need to make sure that I'm choosing the right HDMI input. Thanks again for your help...

Shalom,

Jon

jon.nitta@me.com

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

8 y ago

On the av reciver there will be a button or knob that is labeled input

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

8 y ago

Match that to whatever input you use to connect the directv to your audio reciever

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

Ok, I have video! I followed your instructions and voila! The only problem now is when I turn my Bose bass module on there is no sound. Is this a Directv problem?

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

8 y ago

What is the model number and how is it connected into the system

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

Actually, for some reason the sound was too low. When I turned it up (way up) I got sound. The odd thing and I might need to play with this a bit is that the back surround speakers are way louder than the front speakers and center channel speaker. I wonder if there was an audio setting on the Yamaha RX-V573 receiver that will change how it sounds. I think I can fiddle with that unless you have some quick suggestions. Thank you for your help!

Shalom,

Jon Nitta

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

8 y ago

Yeah you will have to make sine adjustments in your audio reciver make sure

you have speakers wired correctly

dcd

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

8 y ago

The Yamaha is a full featured AVR and as such surely has a audio balance setup that will adjust the volume level to each speaker so as to balance the output of each to suit the room.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.