Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

8 Messages

Sat, Jul 23, 2022 10:46 PM

shared listings

I have 3 minis. I only want to see what I recorded on my mini.  In whole-Home Settings I have "No" set for share playlist.  I was told we were able to do this.  Can this be done.

Accepted Solution

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

No. Since they are Genie minis, they cannot be refrained from seeing the Genie HD DVR’s playlist. All the info from the Genie receiver is sent via coax and/or the WVB to the GENIE Mini Client and cannot be altered.

On the other hand, if those Genie minis were actually standalone HD or HDDVR receivers, then this setting would work.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

2 m مضت

Minis have no hard drive or tuners so you can't record on one, everything comes from the Genie.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

2 m مضت

@ddilley13 

Nothing is recorded on a Mini. They are Clients of the main Genie with no capability of their own. Think of it as all TVs connected to one box.

If it is a regular Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54), then if you have any regular HDDVRs (HR20 thru HR24, or even special R22), then you can sort the recording list to what is just on the box you are on. You can even fully hide one DVR from the other boxes if you so choose. But Clients will always see what is on the main Genie as they are extensions of it.

However, the Genie-2 (HS17) doesn't allow that option. It forbids everything but Clients. It is an all-in-one system that the new owner AT&T had been heavily encuraging people to go to. I hope the new co-owner that is managing DirecTV will return to the option of full receivers to have flexibility against situations like you've experienced.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.