Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

crabensburg's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 8, 2016 11:32 PM

Closed

Sharp Aquos TV and Direct TV, Cannot access Netflix or any other Apps

When I hit "Apps" on my Aquos remote, I get the list of apps at the bottom of my screen, but when I choose Netflix I get "We're unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp". I'm wondering if this in an issue with Direct TV blocking my smart tv's ability to log on? I've tried to disconnect from Netflix via an up up down type code, which let me disconnect, but when I reopened Netflix, it was supposed to prompt me to sign in again, which it did not. I just got the "we're unable to connect" message again. 

HELP! ❤️

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

6 y مضت

No, this has nothing to do with your DirecTV equipment.  Check your TV's manual.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

5 y مضت

You can rule out the DirecTV equipment by temporarily unplugging the Wireless Video Bridge AC power.  Does your TV connect to your WiFi then?

Remember that your DirecTV Wireless Video Bridge creates its own wireless network, so it should not be interfering with your home's WiFi network. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.7K Messages

6 y مضت

Directv is not blocking anything. Your smart tv's connection to the internet is totally independent of Directv. Is your tv connected to the Internet? Do other apps work? 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

6 y مضت

You need to change the input to TV to use the TV apps and the TV needs to be connected to the internet.  DTV has nothing to do with netflix or any other streaming services as they are competitors.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y مضت

I'm experiencing the same exact problem on my Vizio Smart TV. It wasn't an issue before installing DirecTV and I do not have the problem in another room with the ssme model television that is connected via a wireless Genie mini.  The DirecTV installer placed the Genie & the wireless bridge in my entertainment center under the television. Is it possible that equipment is interfering with the signal on this particular TV?  Again no problem on another TV with the same Netflix app & no issues w/ same Wifi on other devices in tthe house. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

5 y مضت

@mijo1914, that's unlikely.  How is your TV connected to your home network for internet access?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y مضت

Everything is connected via WiFi.  I've got a cable modem w/an integrated router.  I can't (easily) connect the TV w/ Cat5 b/c the router is on a different floor of the house.  The DirecTV equipment is using the coax jack in the room in question to connect to the dish which makes moving the router into the room not an option.  Also, I can tell when I've got a connectivity issue but I'm referring only to a specific issue on a single TV.  It's possible that the television itself is malfunctioning but there wasn't a problem until the wireless Genie went in so the timing is suspect. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y مضت

Any solution to this yet. I've been dealing with this for years. I downloaded a firmware update today that was no help. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

4 y مضت

@HarryBalzak wrote:

Any solution to this yet. I've been dealing with this for years. I downloaded a firmware update today that was no help. 

Review the previous posts in this thread and provide the information requested. 

Your DirecTV equipment should have nothing to do with your TV's NetFlix app.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y مضت

Same problem here. My Sharp Aquos 2T-C50AE1X can’t connect to Netflix. Please help. Thanks in advance.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@click007 wrote:

Same problem here. My Sharp Aquos 2T-C50AE1X can’t connect to Netflix. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Please read the previous messages in this thread. Your DirecTV equipment has nothing to do with your TV's ability to connect to Netflix. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y مضت

I’ve read all and nothing happens. If that’s so, what or where is the problem, is it with Netflix or The smart TV? By the way, I got a prompt every time I use the smart system that says “some sites won’t work properly due to system compatibility.” Is the reason why?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

3 y مضت

@click007 wrote:

I’ve read all and nothing happens. If that’s so, what or where is the problem, is it with Netflix or The smart TV? By the way, I got a prompt every time I use the smart system that says “some sites won’t work properly due to system compatibility.” Is the reason why?

Nobody here knows why your Smart TV can't connect to Netflix. Most likely it's a network connection issue with your TV. 

Review your Smart TV's owner's manual or support forum to ensure that you're properly connecting to your home network WiFi for internet access. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.