Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

kdela8's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Apr 11, 2007 12:44 AM

Software Download by Tech for HD Locals

Had a technician come out today to "re-align" my dish because I'm not getting HD Locals. Just got Locals in the H-burg PA market 2 weeks ago. Worked for 1 or 2 days then nothing. Installer's order said to replace the IRD, but then said he needed to try to upgrade or download a patch or something. Did that then showed me it was working which I really couldn't tell because no HD programs were being shown at that time. He also said I will no longer get the SD locals but the HDs will work, although there really not HD just some lesser version like ED or something. In my program guide, I have 2 channels listed for each HD/SD local channel. For NBC as follows:
8 WGAL Description: 8 A3 Harrisburg, WGAL ...
8 HR8 Description: 8 Harrisburg, WGAL ...
He told me that the 8 HR8 channel is my HD channel. Channel 8 WGAL no longer comes in. However, when I briefly had signal I thought the HD came in on 8 WGAL and the 8 HR8 was SD. That makes more sense to me because any [HD] labeled program in the guide shows up on the 8 WGAL channel, and the HR8 shows up like SD content in 480i. Which should be the HD channel WGAL or HR8 ? If he's right and what I have is HD ... then I quit TV !!!
No Responses!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.