Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Jamz145's profile
Jamz145
#1 Star!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Oct 15, 2016 11:33 AM

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Former Employee

• 

3 Messages

5 y مضت

I use Windows 10 and the Chrome browser.  When I tried to play DTV video, the browser was blocking the Adobe Flash player from running (yes it showed that little red medallion in the address bar) -- even though I had taken care to set the Chrome settings to allow the Flash plugin to run.  So I looked on other Adobe sites for a solution, and found this -- and IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM.  Now the DTV player works perfectly via my Chrome browser.

Try this, Type chrome://flags in your address bar. Then find Run all Flash content when Flash setting is set to "allow" Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS For sites that have been set to "allow" Flash content, run all content including any that has been deemed unimportant. Set the flag to Enabled. Restart your browser. 

chas0307

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 y مضت

It also works on FF for me. But like you said, Chrome and Edge and Opera, no dice. I keep checking those other browsers every month or so to see if they are working, but so far, not yet. 😞 

chas0307

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 y مضت

Thanks, that Chrome:flags tricked fixed my Chrome browser. Now just not working with Edge and Opera. But FF, Chrome and IE are working. So I guess that is good enough for now. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y مضت

SOLUTION

IN chrome the plug in is being blocked
look up to the upper right when u try to download or watch
when you click youll see it say in the right side of the address bar
plugin blocked , click on it and select alow all plugins for this page

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y مضت

This should not be marked solved. None of these solutions work. The chrome://flags trick does not seem to be viable anymore as there does not appear to be a Run all Flash content when Flash setting, in chrome anymore. I have also been told by support that only 32 bit browsers work, which does not seem to be the case either. Really regretting switching to DirectTV.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

5 y مضت

@rhuskjr, just because the solution doesn't work for you doesn't mean that it didn't work for the original poster.  Best to start your own new thread with more details about your exact equipment, symptoms and troubleshooting you've tried. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y مضت

I am sorry you do not agree with my comment @litzdog911, but I fail to see how this is not the same issue as the symptoms described are identical to my experiences, except that by now there have been updates to the browsers. Also nowhere in this forum do I see where @Jamz145 has stated that any of the solutions have actually solved the problem. @Jamz145 have any of the solutions on this forum worked for you?

I see no reason to start another forum for the identical problem and I do not see how my comments are any different from others on this forum who have explained their issues and expressed their frustrations as well.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

5 y مضت

@rhuskjr, well, that's certainly your choice.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 y مضت

The entire streaming situation is a mess. Somedays it works...somedays it doesn't. I can't believe ATT can't give us a solution. I kick myself in the butt daily for biting on their promos and leaving Comcast after 30+ years of decent service.
Anonymous

• 

1.7K Messages

5 y مضت

As a person working in IT, I continued to be amazed at the lack of movement to solve this issue.  The canned response on this forum are worn out and over played. 

Moving from Dish to DirecTV was the worst mistake I could have ever made.  Why is DTV not given us some type of discount due to this persistent issue?

Bill721

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 y مضت

I guess I will join this forum.  I'm having the same issue.  I've been working two other issues I"m posting, however, I haven't had any success there yet.  I borrowed an Xfininty login and it works great.  We need DirectTV to get this resolved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y مضت

I was trying to get this working on my Win 10 laptop and had the same experiences as others with both Edge and Chrome but was finally successful with Firefox. I installed Flashplayer and enabled it in the addon settings. The DTV player window started right up.

Bill721

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 y مضت

I installed Firefox and it still doesn't work.  None of the browsers work.  

chas0307

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 y مضت

What exactly did you install? I already have the current  flash player from Adobe installed. Which 27.0.0.183. What exactly did you enable in Addons? In my FF addons, I see OPENH264 Video Codex provided by Cisco. This is the one from DTV. I see Shock Flashwave, which is another name for Adobe Flash. In my search of Addons, I see a ton of unique Flash addons, like for YouTube, FaceBook, etc. So i'm trying to find out what you did, because my FF doesn't even ask to install the DTV Player. It just sits there when I select watch. Fortunately, Chrome does work, but they all used to work except for Edge. So I need another browser in case FF stops working with the DTV Player.

chas0307

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 y مضت

OK I just got FF to work. In the Addons, since two Flash addons did not work (one for YouTube and one for Facebook), I decided to install the Addon Video without Flash. Once I did that, my streaming started working. I'll report back when it stops working. So now I have Chrome and FF working. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.