Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Jamz145's profile
Jamz145
#1 Star!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Oct 15, 2016 11:33 AM

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4年前

Tried all of the above and still cant watch, Direct TV is making it impossible to watch online,,.> Impossible!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

4年前

HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO STREAM FOR OVER A MONTH  EVEN ATT CONNECT TECH COULD NOT GET IT WORKING WHILE CHATING WITH DIRECT TV TECH

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4年前

It is 2018 now, almost 2019 and the problem still exists periodically. I"m getting fed up.I have been a loyal customer with at&t for a long time. I do not understand why this issue cannot be resolved.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4年前

My thoughts exactly.

Contributor

4年前

I will be canceling my Direct TV. There are to many negative issues to mention. I am just fed up with Direct TV and AT&T! I have been a wireless customer every since wireless cellphones hit the market. Well it was Cingular Wireless and AT&T bought them out. My internet has always been with AT&T. For cable AT&T Cable or Uverse. Then I became a Direct TV customer when I purchased my home. 

I tried for hours and days to stream Direct TV Researched and troubledshoot. Nothing worked. Call Direct TV and he told me I needed to take my laptop to a repair shop. I did and the repair shop replaced my hard drive. Still can't stream Direct TV on my laptop! no matter what browser I used. I don't want to think about how much money I paid to this company! Yes, I am done with AT&T and Direct TV! Oh and I must add. I upgraded my wireless to 300. It is no faster than when I had 100. It is all a waste.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4年前

I watch directv every day on my computer. Here is what worked for me but only with Chrome browser.
Use only Chrome browser not in incognito mode also disable AdBlock (if installed) for directv.com.
Under Settings- Advanced-Content settings-Flash-allow ask first.
If you receive a install flash window click to install and a run flash window will pop up, click allow.
On most channels the watch now might not be functional but click check network in this window and in the address bar, in your browser, on the right hand side, a tiny icon will pop up. Click on that to allow plug-ins to run and the watch now will become functional in several seconds.
Enjoy Directv on your computer.

Contributor

3年前

I wish I could charge DirecTV for the HOURS I have wasted trying to get the online player to work in both Chrome and Safari. For a few years I could get it to work in Chrome, only after several tries every time because it has always been extremely glitchy. NOW it will not work at all. I have spent the last THREE HOURS trying every "fix" suggested, and the player will not open. I have installed the player more than once. I have downloaded and allowed Adobe flash, I have closed and restarted my browser, and STILL I keep getting the INSTALL DirecTV PLAYER popup. ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND BEYOND AGGRAVATING.

Tutor

3年前

2019 AND I"M STILL GETTING MESSAGE "First you'll need to install (or upgrade) the following FREE software to watch video on directv.com:"   I just want to watch directv on my computer.  Windows 10 (every browser chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox).  every time I:

> Navigate to guide

> Click a channel 

>Pop up: First you'll need to install (or upgrade) the following FREE software to watch video on directv.com:

> Select blue button: download finishes

>Clear browser, clear cache, restart browser, machine, etc, etc, etc.... and it keeps asking me to download AGAIN!!

> After hours of being on hold with customer support They can't help???  get me to pay for platinum service and..........  YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR 30 days before someone will assist you...  

Honestly I've hit my end with DirectTV / ATT...   SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Tutor

3年前

NOT SOLVED  2019 and the issue is worse than ever.

2019 AND I"M STILL GETTING MESSAGE "First you'll need to install (or upgrade) the following FREE software to watch video on directv.com:"   I just want to watch directv on my computer.  Windows 10 (every browser chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox).  every time I:

> Navigate to guide

> Click a channel 

>Pop up: First you'll need to install (or upgrade) the following FREE software to watch video on directv.com:

> Select blue button: download finishes

>Clear browser, clear cache, restart browser, machine, etc, etc, etc.... and it keeps asking me to download AGAIN!!

> After hours of being on hold with customer support They can't help???  get me to pay for platinum service and..........  YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR 30 days before someone will assist you...  

Honestly I've hit my end with DirectTV / ATT...   SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

chas0307

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

3年前

When my DTV contract was up, I went to Xfinity/Comcast. I told DTV that was my main reason for leaving. I got sick and tired of recording shows then had no way to watch them when I was not at home. I don't have this issue at all with Xfinity. 

But like you I had tried everything and I even got my Android emulator working on my PC just so I could watch my DTV recorded service. Then shortly after AT&T took over, they stopped updating App so I could not even use it to watch my recorded programs. I just don't think the AT&T support really care about how many DTV customers leave.

Oh well, I'm glad to hear it is still not working. 🙂 

Former Employee

• 

3 Messages

3年前

Using chrome, I find that if every time I go to the DirecTV url, if I set
the Shockwave extension to “allow’ BEFORE I begin streaming any video,
things seem to work ok (the already-installed DirecTV player works ok).

Good luck.

Contributor

3年前

The Directv link that was provided above does not help. Still unable to watch Directv on a Mac, on both Safari and Chrome.

Contributor

3年前

I read and reviewed the "Solutions" posted.  None apply to the OS Catalina and AT&T dilemma. Has any solution found that allows one to stream under Mac OS Catalina?

Contributor

3年前

Edit the host file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc you have to do it as admin so open notepad as admin before editing it.  With videoguard 13 it looks like they changed company name from Cisco to Synamedia. So you have to add this at the bottom of the host file and it will fix it.  

127.0.0.1 drmlocal.synamedia.com

Former Employee

• 

3 Messages

3年前

Thanks, but in my case all that is there is a "hosts" file and it is a sample file.  The entire etc directory is populated with sample files except for one -- "services"

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.