Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

JoelBishop's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 25, 2016 8:01 PM

Successful 4K Streaming (channel 106)

I have a 4K Vizio M75-C1 TV running content from a DirecTV Genie (C61K-700) through a Yamaha RX-A850 AV Receiver (HDMI 2.0a, HDCP 2.2).  I was able to see channel 104 clearly, and to download and watch 4K movies on Demand. I was unable to see any LIVE STREAMING 4K content on channel 106. I called DirecTV 22 times for help. I had all of the equipment swapped out and nothing helped. One Technician incorrectly stated that 4K streaming had to go point to point form Genie to TV. 

On my 23rd call, I was referred to Tier 2 tech support, who transferred me to Case Manager Heather (I call her Heather on High). Within 30 minutes of discussion, she said that I have a Vizio 4K TV and I was using HDMI port 1, but I needed to use HDMI port 5 for 4k streaming. I confirmed this on the Vizio website and I made the change. The next live 4K stream was the following Friday and it WORKED! I saw the SF Giants lose to NYY in dazzling 4K and with my Surround Sound. Heather followed up four times and was incredibly professional. It wasn’t really DirecTV’s problem but Heather was the solution. THANK YOU!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

DIRECTVhelp

Community Support

• 

16.8K Messages

6 years ago

Hi JoelBishop,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this. This great content for our members! 

Using port 5 on a Vizio 4k TV will allow you to enjoy 4K content!

-ATTDIRECTVCare

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.