Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DeCino's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Apr 1, 2016 6:41 PM

Swm direct tv

I brought my box H24 with me and got another dish it's a slimline but my receiver says it cannot connect to swm. Can someone help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

49 Messages

7 years ago

it's normal for it to say that, it's just making sure you don't have them connected. You can click continue 

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

7 years ago

did you bring the power inverter?

brisak

Professor

• 

1K Messages

7 years ago

The dish says slimline but what about the lnb
Does it have one port or four.

The device at the end of the dish =lnb

If it is a ka ku lnb 4 ports you will need to run through the setup in the menu for slimline 3
You will aslo need a b band converter.

If it is a swm lnb 1 port you will need the 21v power inserter

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

It only has one port. What is the 21v power inverter?
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

7 years ago

it sends power to the lnb, wont work without it

solid signal sells them for @ $12

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Okay great I don't have that I'll have to get one. Thanks for the help everyone.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Update!! I got my inserter hooked it all up and it still says cannot connect to swm. Any ideas? Maybe I hooked it up wrong?
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

7 years ago

How did you hook it up?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

At first I put the cable from the satellite to the power to swm and the green light went off it wouldn't work so I switched them around and got the same result. I reset the box each way and still couldn't connect to swm.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

7 years ago

If the SWM Power Inserter light goes off when you connect the satellite cables, then you likely have a bad coax connector or shorted cable.  

The correct connection is:

Satellite dish LNB to "Power to SWM" connection on Power Inserter

Power Inserter "Signal to IRD" connection to Receiver's SWM1 INPUT

brisak

Professor

• 

1K Messages

7 years ago

You probally have braid around the center connector.

Like litzdog said when the light goes out this is the problem

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Well I got a new cable ran it straight to the satellite and the inserter and its still saying cannot find swm. I think I've tried everything possible besides replacing the swm. Is that something I can replace or does anyone else have an idea?
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

7 years ago

Yes you can replace it.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I got the new swm today and hooked it up. That worked fine but now it's saying "do not connect b band converters" I don't have anything connected other than the inserter.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

We travel with a SWM dish and Genie receiver and have set things up many, many times. The satellite setup menu has been changed and the option to select the Dish Type is grayed out and I cannot set it to what I  have always used [ (17) Slimline-3S (SWM) ]. I have called DirecTV and no one can tell me how I can access the Dish Type to change it. The Switch Type should be 01:SWM but is now set to SWM LNB 8 CH. I have not been able to find the satellite signal (which is very unusual) and I have concluded that with the wrong settings is the problem. Can anyone help?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.