Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

cwade0702's profile

Teacher

Tue, Apr 16, 2019 12:21 AM

swm not detected

I have a SL5K4NR3-01.  Direct TV just sent me new genie HR54-500C-R.  When I try to do setup it says can not detect SWM & will not continue.  I have multiple lines coming from the satellite dish & when I looked up what SWM meant I do not think I have one.  Is there any way to bypass this.  I tried changing everything in setup & was not able to get past that screen.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.8K Messages

3年前

@cwade0702 wrote:

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.  I think I am going with the 5D2RBLNB & SPLIT4MRV. 

Please let me know if there is any reason why I should not go with these.

You don't really need the 5-LNB version anymore. There's nothing on 110ºW, and there won't be anything on 119ºW by the end of this year. All channels will be delivered from 99, 101 and 103º as MPEG2 channels disappear during this year.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

3年前

replaced cable from LNB to splitter it now detects the SWM.  I am now up & watching DirectTV  thanks for all the help!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.8K Messages

3年前

You need to change your dish LNB assembly to a SWM version ....

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=3d2rblnb

How did you order the new HR54 Genie DVR?

DirecTV should have provided an installer to update your dish for your new Genie.

Teacher

3年前

I did not have them come out as I have always done upgrades myself in the past.  I use my box at my residence, vacation home, & rv.

Teacher

3年前

Which is the best splitter to get?

Teacher

3年前

Am I correct that I do not need a power inverter as the genie has that built in?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.3K Messages

3年前

Yes the HR54 has a power inserter built in, the SWM splitter depends on how many minis or WVB that are connected.

Teacher

3年前

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.  I think I am going with the 5D2RBLNB & SPLIT4MRV. 

Please let me know if there is any reason why I should not go with these.

Teacher

3年前

I have installed new swm splitter & 3D2RBLNB. HR54 box still says can not detect SWM.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.3K Messages

3年前

You have to connect the coax from the HR54 to the red power pass though port on the SWM splitter.

Teacher

3年前

That is how I connected it but it does not work. I also tried running the one cable directly from satellite to HR54 box to see if maybe splitter was bad. No luck. Running new cable from satellite to Swm splitter now. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.8K Messages

3年前

To troubleshoot this, forget about the SWM splitter. Just connect your HR54 directly to the dish LNB. The HR54 has a built-in power inserter for the dish LNB. If it still doesn't work, then something is wrong with the cable, connector, dish LNB, or HR54. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.