Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Aug 14, 2022 1:32 AM

terrible HD sports

Settings, cable, sattelite all best...yet sports look awful. I do not understand. If Amazon Prime can work on wifi and look amazing...why can't HD box show an HD sports picture? Is there an HD 4k satellite box? What can I do to get HD sports? Frustrated.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

1分前

You need an HR54 Genie or an HS17 Genie2 to get the 4K channels and a C61K mini connected to the 4K TV to watch them.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

1分前

DirecTV is service by satellite. Amazon Prime is internet streaming. Two vastly different delivery methods.

Please clarify your issue. Are you having trouble with HD or wanting to upgrade to 4K? What are the models of each box you have now? Exactly how do sports "look awful"? What channels? And is it only sports affected?

• 

5 Messages

1分前

Sports is the worst. Looks 480 even when on 1080i. model 24-200 with HDMI.  customer service said Genie only adds dvr, same HD. Does Directv satellite have 4k ability?

• 

5 Messages

1分前

Nothing looks anywhere near HD. Satellite signal above 90%...4k TV rated number 1. Amazon looks amazing, Netflix looks amazing. I want football in HD...told streaming won't give HD football. Very disappointing as each customer service tells different story, one says pay $400...another says free if I restart contract.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

1分前

Check model number. There should be an H or HR at the start. And is that your only box?

DirecTV satellite does have 4K. There are only a handful of 4K channels. The channel and program have to be 4K to begin with, regardless of your box or TV.

Since "sports" is vague, could you be specific on which channels? Does the channel show the HD label?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.