Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

asasmitty's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 9, 2022 8:18 PM

Timeframe to watch a movie, downloaded to our TV, from Direct TV's list of movies

Recently, we received notification, from Direct TV, that we could record a free movie from Direct TV's list of available movies.

We sent to the list of movies and downloaded a movie to our TV, where it is listed in our list of previously recorded TV shows, but there is no information that tells us what the timeframe is to watch the movie. In other words, how long will the movie stay in our list of recorded shows, before it is deleted (i.e., 2 days, 5 days, 7 days, "x" days)???

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2分前

What movie did you record and what channel was it recorded from? What’s the receiver model? I am understanding that you recorded an on-demand movie and not a movie that aired via satellite? 

To be honest, the timeframe depends on the network. Since it’s not a rental or anything, the timeframe probably isn’t too short. Go to ‘LIST,’ and then press ‘INFO’ on the program. There should be a text saying Available Until. Anyway, since it’s a free movie, you can just record it again if it expires in a certain time. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

1分前

Thanks detuch254. I'll click on info and see what I get. And, you're correct; the movie was on demand, but I think Direct TV's "here's your free movie" is a one-time deal.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.