Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Hsiehster's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sun, Sep 4, 2016 12:17 AM

WatchESPN and BTN2GO don't authenticate properly

Hey,

I've tried this on multiple devices and am seeing that when I try to authenticate with directv on these apps, it skips the login page and goes straight to you don't have access to this page.

What I'm doing:

I click on DirecTV in the list of networks.

A new tab opens up (which I assume is where I type in my username/password)

That tab closes almost immediately

Goes back to the list of networks.

If I click DirecTV again, a new tab opens up with the link of "https://entitlement.auth.adobe.com/" and the words "adobe-pass-2.25.3.1-6566b57"

I used to be able to watch this with my parents username/password (account has since been disconnected) but I've since moved out and opened my own account.  

I've tried deleting all my saved passwords, tried this on safari and chrome (on a mac) and ie (on a windows laptop) and nothing works.

Is something caching the credentials and returning my parents old credentials?  Is anyone else hitting this?

Thanks,

Alex

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

Try searching your PC for cookies and delete sp.auth.adobe.com 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hey peds48,

Thanks for the response.  I tried deleting all cookies on my mac and PC and the problem still persists.  I also tried running in incognito mode/private browsing for chrome and safari and it didn't help.

Other things I've done, uninstalled flash and reinstalled.  Uninstalled Chrome and deleted all user files and reinstalled Chrome.

Thanks,

Alex

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

Try using For Sports Go app, that usually does a good job if signing out and letting switch providers for everything

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Fox Sports Go works, but not Btn2Go.  Unfortunately, the choice package doesn't include fox sports (?) so it's saying I'm ont authorized.  Is it something that specific to what I've logged into before with old credentials?

Thanks,

Alex

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, adobe is in charge of the sign in proecss for most of the OTT platforms.  Getting sign out sometimes can be really tricky.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hmm, I'd like to "Accept solution", because that does resolve this from the standpoint of DirecTV/AT&T's perspective, but that doesn't really help from the user perspective.  

Do you happen to know where adobe cache's these credentials and if it's by mac address?  Currently it seems like to do some caching on their side.  As a test, I had a friend come over with a his device and I was able to get through to the authentication pages of the OTT platforms and log in with my credentials.

I assume that since you are aware of this, DirecTV/AT&T know about this limitation in Adobe Primetime.  Is there potentially a plan to work with Adobe to get a new sign out API or something similar?

One of the reasons I chose DirecTV was because the OTT platforms always seemed to work for me, so hoping this can get fixed!

As always, thanks peds48!

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

it seems as the cache resides on your device, but there might be soething on Adobe's servers as well. Again this is not common but when it happens is really tricky to get the system to sync 
with new creds.  Not sure DIRECTV has anythingnto do with this.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hmm, like I said, coming from a technilogical side, I think this is solved from DirecTV's stand point, but not from the customer's stand point as I'm paying DirecTV and not Adobe.  So from the customer standpoint, the next question I have to ask is, what can DirecTV do to help me resolve these issues where the interaction between DirecTV and Adobe are not working properly (or in this case Adobe doesn't support full functionality).  

Looking purely at this from Adobe's perspective, this also seems like a security flaw as someone is caching my credentials and passing tokens around carrying my information without being able to cancel it.

I understand there's not much I might be able to do on this forum, but I'd like to hopefully get some traction internally within DirecTV to get this resolved?  Telling a customer that there's nothing they can do really sucks :(.  Makes me wonder if I should be continually paying for this service.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

besides doing the basics, like changing you passcode at DIRECTV and see if that "re-syncs" the system there is no much you can do, and I am afraid there is not much DIRECTV will do. That may not be what you want to hear, but it is the true.  You can try to reach to @ATTDIRECTVCare

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks peds48.  I completely understand there's not much I can do to fix the issue, and thanks for being honest about the stance from DirecTV.  I really appreciate all the help and guidance you've given.

I'll reach out to @ATTDIRECTVCareon twitter and see if there's anything they can do.

Thanks again peds48!

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

@ATTDIRECTVCare is not a twitter account, they are DIRECTV employees actually runing this boards.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Ha, thanks peds48 for the correction.  @ATTDIRECTVCare, please help!  Peds48, you're awesome!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

6 years ago

Send them a PM.

DIRECTVhelp

Community Support

• 

16.8K Messages

6 years ago

Hi @Hsiehster,

We sent a reply to you yesterday and we have not heard back. A password reset may resolve this. You can reset it here

Updating the iOS is recommended as well. If there is history on the phone, performing a restore/ factory reset on the device may help. You may lose information so we recommended syncing it beforehand. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Update: For some miracle, changing the password a second time seems to have fixed it!

Yes!!! thanks everyone!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.