Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

bretb1966's profile

Contributor

Monday, November 11th, 2019 10:23 PM

where did the incoming phone display go?

I used to get incoming phone numbers from my land line displayed on my TV screen.  That  no longer happens and I can't seem to find where to activate that feature anywhere in "guide".

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

3 years ago

@bretb1966 wrote:

HR44-500 

Yeah, the Caller ID feature no longer exists on the HR44.  In fact, it's the last model that even had a phone jack.  Sorry.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

3 years ago

Caller ID on TV is an outdated feature that hasn't been supported for years. DirecTV simply left it to run as-is in the old software. Going forward boxes are not even made with a phone jack so the new software removes the menu option for the feature. The HR44 is the absolute last DirecTV box that has a phone jack, but is the oldest model to get the new software. So once the feature is disabled, there is no getting it back.

The feature was only to encourage customers to be connected to a phone line. This was because very old models received their software updates over the line, was the way PPVs were ordered by remote, and anonymous viewing data went through. Now software updates come fully from the satellite. Using the remote to order PPVs is done with internet connection, same as any anonymous viewing data, and access to On Demand.

So DirecTV has no need to spend money and resources on a feature that doesn't support TV viewing. Use your phone, or get a specialized Caller ID box if you need something more than the basics.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

3 years ago

@bretb1966 wrote:

I used to get incoming phone numbers from my land line displayed on my TV screen.  That  no longer happens and I can't seem to find where to activate that feature anywhere in "guide".

What DVR/Receiver model do you have?

Contributor

3 years ago

HR44-500 

Contributor

3 years ago

I guess, thanks??

Thank you for your time though!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.