Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

AzQuixote's profile
AzQuixote
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Mar 28, 2016 7:44 PM

Why can we not watch One America News?

AT&T U-Verse has One America News Network so why can't we get it on Directv?
Please add OANN and AWE to your lineup.
peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

@stevedad see post #2

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

We want OAN. there are so many channels that's content is not worth watching. No more excuses please. We want a news channel that gives us straight news Please

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Changed from U-verse to Direct TV without realizing that I will no longer have access to OAN. Definitely would have changed to Comcast if I knew this beforehand. Oh well, hopefully they'll add OAN/AWE to their channel line-up within the near future. If not, I'll be changing providers at the end of my contract. Just remember that I stayed with ATT U-verse because of OAN!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We have direct-tv - AT&T Satellite in Lake Sherwood/Westlake Village, Ca. and would like you to add OAN to your programing. Sick of Fox News, want more conservative news choices! Thousands of us feel the same! Cathie Post
When can we expect OAN to be added to our area in California? Need it Now!

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Cathy is right. OANN is the only real news channel. I had UVerse for 4 years and I spent most of my programming time watching OANN and the Daily Ledger. If UVerse has it and ATT owns UVerse and now Direct TV, then why not include OANN for Direct? I just signed onto ROKU to have this channel for $4.99 a month. My downside is I can not record off of ROKU. Please get OANN and maybe your membership for Direct TV will go up.Steve P
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

6 years ago

As shown above, they want to have OAN on the Directv patform as well, but have not come to an acceptable agreement with OAN because of higher cost and additional content OAN is requesting with a new agreement. Since OAN is a national channel, it would not be provided to select areas like California only, it is all or none. I hope those of you who like it, I hope that they do come to an agreement eventually. In the meantime, you will survive without it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I would LOVE to jettison DirecTv.      this (no OANN) is ONE of -many- reasons.     but my area has NO cable or fios.    uverse being another AT&T offering while not available is equally undesireable.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm totally committed to encouraging AT&T Direct TV to carry OANN! Its nonsense that cost is a factor in accommodating customers. As an example, HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, etc..

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Well said, and what happened to CNN INTERNATIONAL. THERE ARE SO MANY CHANNELS THAT DO NOT HAVE MANY VIEWERS COME IN ATT. LETS GET THE CHANNELS WE HAD WITH U-verse

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Well said, and what happened to CNN INTERNATIONAL. THERE ARE SO MANY CHANNELS THAT DO NOT HAVE MANY VIEWERS COME IN ATT. LETS GET THE CHANNELS WE HAD WITH U-verse
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

6 years ago

@TOP1SG

Cost being a factor is one of the cornerstones of business. Even military has to take cost into account, which if your were truly your user name, you would understand this. As for your example of the premium packs, these are in high enough demand that they worked out an agreement with Directv a long time ago to carry as an optional service. Since they seem to be with more carriers then OAN, this says to me that they are more popular.

But the bottom line is now that Directv has been acquired by AT&T they have been negotiating to carryin OAN on Directv itself. But both companies have to agree. We as customers can let them know we do want it, but we cannot force them to have it as tv is not a right, it is a privilage.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Please add OANN and AWE to your lineup.    One America News and AWE are broadly distributed on AT&T U-verse TV but not on AT&T’s newly acquired DirecTV. AT&T Entertainment, led by CEO John Stankey, won’t honor One America News’ and AWE’s existing U-verse TV agreement on DirecTV even with numerous price decreases extended. [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I agree. We need OANN and it comes with UVERSE but not Direct TV. There has been hundreds of requests for this why don't you please your customers?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Want OAN!!! And why don't we have CNN INTERNATIONAL. THERE ARE SO MANT CHANNELS AVAILABLE ON DIRECTTV THAT I CANT IMAGINE ANYONE WATCHES. LETS GET DOME DECENT ONES TO WATCH. US NEWS JUNKIES ARE BEGGING. GOUNG TO CHECK TO SEE WHAT DISH OFFERS
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Beaman12

AT&T acquiring Directv does not mean that channels are automatically the same. AT&T does not have permission from OAN to carry on Directv. They have been in negotiations to carry it on the Directv platform, but have not hashed out a deal yet. It is possible that they may have to wait until the Uverse exclusive agreement expires so they can negotiate for both platforms at the same time.

Since the agreement with Uverse does not give AT&T permission to carry on Directv, they are honoring the agreement.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.