Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

I'm failing the 'Digital Switchover Test' in Boston

http://www.wgbh.org/article?item_id=4190322All day, the PBS station, WGBH 2, has shown me a 'This Old House' special on how to get ready for the digital switch over because they think I've failed the test. Can't say how surprised I am by this.

Question

reciever cannot locate satelite

have 3 standard receivers in home sunday dec 7 all 3 receivers went out and when i went to redo satelite setup all 3 came up with message on confirming satelite setup screen "your receiver is set to round but receiver detected zero satelites" receivers were working fine up till this point .I went an

Question

HD Dish on Tripod

Has anyone had an HD Dish mounted on a tripod successfully? I've read that tripods will not hold the HD Dish. My landlord will not allow us to have satellite unless the dish is on a tripod. 5-LNB dish ("Slimline" design) with a 22.5" x 32" size.

Question

Any way to enable the 2nd RJ connector on a HR-20 to function as a passthru?

I'm about to add a blu ray dvd player that supports the connecting to to internet for extra stuff.I know the HR-21 has their 2nd connector enabled and can be used as a pass thru but is there some way to enable the 2nd RJ connector on the HR-20 so I can avoid messing with spliters or hubs?

Question

The Guide is 3 hours behind for channel 2004: Vijay

The guide online and on my DVR for channel 2004 (VijayTV) is incorrect by three hours. The correct guide which matches the program being played is at http://app.indya.com/epg/asp/displaySchedules.aspuse channel starVijay-US.I can't schedule programs to record due to this.Anyone having similar proble

Question

DTV Test fail

Today is DTV test day for us we're getting the message that "this TV is not ready for the digital TV transition". I thought that the TV itself doesn't matter when using DirecTV? Am I wrong?Thanks.

Question

Newbie setup - sorry in advance for the length - surround sound question

Greetings!I'm hoping someone can walk me thru how to configure my devices correctly so I can listen to my HD channels in Dolby surround in addition to my DVDs.I have a DirecTV H21 HD receiver with the video connected via RGB to an older Mitsubishi big screen HD projection TV (WS-73907 - no HDMI inpu

Question

Searching for Satelite Error 771

I'm having the same issue. I have a Directv d11 receiver. I am seeing this error on about a dozen 12 or more channels, including PPV. Some channels are coming in broken and scrambled even though there are part of the basic package. Here are the reading you asked the last poster for:Satellite transpo

Question

Caller ID Not Working

We recently moved. At our old house, the caller ID feature on the HR 20 worked just fine. Now, it keeps saying we need to have caller id for it to work. Well, we do have caller id, as the numbers that pop up on the phone display will attest to. The line is running through a DSL filter. Has anybody e

Question

international channels being to new sats?

Does anybody have any updated information about whether or not the international channels are/will be moved to sat 99, 110, or 119?

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.