Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

Extended local digital Channels

In my Area of the country, Twin Cities, MN, we have a number of stations that have already converted to digital and have added extended multiple stations. For example, our channel 17 if using one of the digital over the air receivers, has 6 channels, 17-1 through 17-6, all showing different programm

Question

Band of White Horizontal Lines across Top of Screen

We set up a small TV set and added DirecTV service a couple of years ago for our master bedroom. The set is a 6 yr. old JVC 20" combo TV/VCR (but we never use the VCR). A couple of months ago we started getting a band of white horizontal lines across the top of the screen. The lines are quite close

Question

771 on only one channel?

I have intermittent periods of the 771 searching for signal on channel 212. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes not. We have tried everything, resetting, calling tech support. No one can help, short of a service technician coming. Does anybody have any info? It is only that one HD channel not working

Question

Need H21-200 Code for my Universal Remote

I have an One for All Kameleon 9960 and cannot get the HD receiver to turn on or off with this remote. All of the codes that I have tried listed on the internet DO NOT WORK! Please help I hate using 2 remotes.

Question

Ran line to 4th receiver. Won't work

I have a 5 LNB dish which has 4 cables from it. Have 3 receivers on it so there is one wire left. Was told to get a 4th receiver to work I would have to run a dedicated wire from dish. Did so. Unused wire had a male end so I put in a coupler. I have no signal whatsoever. Tried another coupler. No ch

Question

Strange Loss of Signal at Night

We have been experiencing a strange loss of signal over the last three months or so, particularly at night. Most days, we do not have a signal early in the morning, but as the day progresses it begins to come in, usually sometime around 10:00-11:00 am (eastern time zone). We have a good signal and c

Question

Center cut issue on local channel

I understand that DTV is receiving a 16X9 signal from one of my local stations and that since I have a SD receiver that the picture is "center cut," even on my 16x9 TV. If I upgrade to a HD receiver would this resolve that issue?

Question

Who controls program guide coding?

Just wondering if DirecTV actually handles how shows are coded for the guide. There is a show that I record to my DVR weekly (new episodes only). The new episode records as scheduled and then during the week, new episodes of different programs are recorded but under the title of the show that I regu

Question

transfer recorded shows from DVR to computer to burn to dvd

Is there way to connect a R15 receiver to the computer so that the shows already recorded could be burned to DVD?

Question

How to contact technical service

Does anyone know how to contact a human at DirecTV for technical help?I have called their customer service number several times and every time, the recording says I called at a high-volume time. This happens no matter what time I call.I called their technical support number, 800-531-5000, and I get

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.