Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

How to contact technical service

Does anyone know how to contact a human at DirecTV for technical help?I have called their customer service number several times and every time, the recording says I called at a high-volume time. This happens no matter what time I call.I called their technical support number, 800-531-5000, and I get

Question

Problem with hard drive on HR20. Debating switch to Comcast

I have been with Directv for years. I don't want to switch. But I am beginning to believe that it may be time. I am now being sent my 3rd replacement receiver due to hard drive issues. First was hr10-250. Then another. Now today after only disconnecting my HR20 from my router because I was moving it

Question

Share WinXP connect with HD DVR HR21 Box?

Can I set my windows XP laptop to share its connection with the HD DVR box? I have a wireless network in my house, but cannot move the router any closer to the TV, and don't want to wire the connection, its too far/too much work. I have a windows XP laptop that uses the wireless connection. I have s

Question

DVR Recordings Deleted Accidently

Do any of you know if you can get your recorded shows back if they are deleted by mistake?I just deleted all of mine this morning and am hoping something can be done.

Question

Hughes SD-DVR40 picture freezing

A couple of weeks ago my Hughes SD-DVR40 receiver started having a problem whereby the live picture would constantly 'freeze' or pause for a second or two here and there. It's gotten to the point where I simply cannot watch television using this receiver; the constant pausing/unpausing is unbearable

Question

signal 771 no multi line found

okay so I have read these forums and there are a lot of posts about the 771.Direct tv said I need to have a tech come out, but most people seem to solve it themselves, so I am looking for help with this one.I have 3 tv's, 3 receivers. One DVRThe DVR is a R15 with RID# 0023 9336 5057 MFR 100Anyway, I

Question

strange goings on

I have the new SWM S5 dish recently installed, I have a HR21 & HR22 DVR & 2 regular receivers. The HR22 in bedroom has been having probelms holding guide information from day 1, tried reset etc. DIRECTV finally sent new reveiver but didn't work. The HR21 downstairs has been working fine. So I though

Question

old rca receiver, can not find remote code!

I have an old RCA receiver model # NRD215ND. It works fine and I am not interested in upgrading. The old RCA remote has stopped working with it. I have a newer white dtv remote but I can not find the correct code to make it work the old receiver. How can I find the correct code for this receiver? Pl

Question

Does Direct TV offer any HD DVR's with TiVo ?

I am getting ready to get an HD TV and will have to upgrade my Direct TV receiver. I currently have an old Hughes Direct TV received with TiVo and heard that Direct TV has partnered again with TiVo. Does anyone have any info on whether DirectTV offers HD DRV's with Tivo now? ThanksRafdawg_34

Question

Searching for satellite signal

Hi, all! I am a new subscriber as of two weeks ago today, in southern Michigan. Things had been working just fine, but last night, we suddenly started seeing "Searching for satellite signal" on all three of our TVs. We had finished watching the Wonder Pets at 8:55pm EST, turned the TV off to put the

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.