Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

V

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 4:21 PM

Care Code 205.4

I have a new TV and my friend logged into DirectvStream on our new TV because he wanted to watch something. Now today I am trying to log into MY directvstream account and it won't let me! It says "hmm... that isn't the ID you set up for this service. Try signing in with another ID. Care Code 205.4" 

I don't understand why this message comes up because all my friend did was download the app on our TV and log in. So when I type in my own log in, this message appears. When I try my friend's log in - it works. I have a wayyyy better package than my friend so please any help works. I am annoyed.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

813 Messages

3 m ago

What device are you using? Smart Tv or a streaming device (roku, fire stick, etc)? You are logging into the DirecTV Stream app and not DirecTV correct? You do have an account with DirecTV Stream not DirecTV?

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

I have an account with Direct TV which in turn can be used for Direct TV stream. I have a Samsung smart TV. I can log in to my direct tv stream account on my phone or laptop. Just won’t me log in on my TV which I need the most.

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

From what I have read on this error is that If you have more then 1 account say ATT&T TV Now and direct TV stream for some unknown reason Roku devices are having problems with allowing people to log In to the Direct TV stream app but don't contact Roku because this is on Direct TV stream's end. This also only is happening on all Roku Devices. I suggest you use firestick 4K or Apple 4K Tv devices. One more note this is no Direct TV Stream app for android devices. If you intend on using an android device It will need to be Direct Tv Stream's device.    

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

813 Messages

2 m ago

@vincep2424  No DirecTV and DirecTV Stream are 2 different paid subscriptions. Credentials are not interchangeable.

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I was referring to ATT TV now not Direct TV. If you have multiple accounts like some people have they can’t log in to Roku for some reason. If you have any ideas let me know?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

813 Messages

2 m ago

He said he had DirecTV. He can not use DirecTV credentials for DirecTV. He needs the DirecTV app. But that is only available for mobile devices.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.