Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - Need help? We're here for you.

If you are experiencing freezing with your DIRECTV device, perform a factory reset by holding the reset button on your device for 20 seconds. This may require multiple resets. For steps on how to pair your remote after factory reset, click here.

M

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023 5:04 PM

Closed

Newsmax

WHY DID YOU LET THIS NETWORK BACK ON????

I WILL BE CANCELING MY DIRECTV ACCOUNT!  I had a few weeks of not having to live with a (Edited per community guidelines) that watches that - but now that is over!  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ANGRY!!  They are further to the right than Fox - what is wrong with you - it is nothing but a propaganda arm of the GOP and they lie more than Fox!

DirecTV (Edited per community guidelines) - why couldn't you have stuck to your not carrying them??  Why - greed

ACE - New Member

• 

4.9K Messages

11 months ago

DIRECTV wanted to stay open to offering both left wing/right-wing and conservative networks, so they were able to reach an agreement with NewsMax today. Having NewsMax dropped likely had a good effect on their customer base so they felt a negotiation with NewsMax was necessary. For OAN, it was likely not too much of a burden not having it anymore so that is the reason that channel hasn’t been returned in over a year.

If it is a problem for you, you can always make a favorites list that does not include NewsMax. It is a simple and effective solution. Otherwise, cancel your subscription and find another provider that doesn’t offer NewsMax (few don’t offer it so good luck). 

That is how the pay-TV industry works. You pay for what programming you watch, and it doesn’t matter whether or not you may not like a couple. 

• 

7 Messages

11 months ago

Wow, you have your choice of over 20 left-leaning or far-left channels on DT that spread leftist propaganda like the Russia collusion hoax, many word for word, and you're complaining?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.