Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Jgatlin78's profile

Tutor

Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 5:17 AM

Network light flashing orange on directtv genie in bedroom

I have the main box in the family room and the one box in the master bedroom. The box in the master is flashing orange. I’ve reset both boxes, unplugged them from the wall, any other suggestions?

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Jgatlin78 wrote:

I have the main box in the family room and the one box in the master bedroom. The box in the master is flashing orange. I’ve reset both boxes, unplugged them from the wall, any other suggestions?

What are your box model numbers?

When did the problem start?

When was your equipment installed?

5 years ago

H44-100 living room

c41-700 bed room

says coax not connected and status is not connected under system info. This just started and the system is a few years old 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Jgatlin78 wrote:

H44-100 living room

c41-700 bed room

says coax not connected and status is not connected under system info. This just started and the system is a few years old 

You've already tried resetting both boxes, right?

Are you sure that the satellite coax cables are properly connected?

If you've already done those things, then it's time for a service visit. One of those boxes is probably defective. Call DirecTV at 1 800 531 5000.

5 years ago

I’ve reset both what are the coax cables 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Jgatlin78 wrote:

I’ve reset both what are the coax cables 

The "coax cables" are the cables that run from your satellite dish to your DirecTV boxes.

5 years ago

This is the error I get nothing has changed from when it has worked last. Everything is still hooked up the same.
69A07901-02ED-46AA-A2FB-2AB76C1A66B7.jpeg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

5 years ago

Just because they're "hooked up the same" doesn't mean that a cable didn't come loose or get corroded. Or it's possible that your box is simply defective. It's time to call for a service visit .... 1 800 531 5000.  Let us know what the service tech discovers. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.